Skip to content
Maintankadin

Set bonuses and other specific bonuses

Petrus
Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:35 pm

Set bonuses and other specific bonuses

After looking into getting the Libram of Divine Purpose with my next badge purchase, I was curious: If worn with the T4 2pc bonus (10% increased SoR damage), is the 15% applied before or after the Libram of Divine Purpose?

Similarly, with the 10% BV increase from Eternal Earthstorm Diamond, does its increase apply to Tome of the Lightbringer's use?

Those were the first two situations that I thought of, but I'm sure there are more percentage-based set bonuses or item effects that may or may not match with other effects - please post any more you can think of and I'll try to think of more myself.

Edit: If nobody knows, I'll do some testing myself tomorrow on the first one. I don't have access to BT so I can't test the second one.

Edit 2: I'm also interested in how much spelldamage is needed to gain the same benefits of LoDP without having it equipped. I will test that tomorrow as well.
_________________
Magnusharkov
Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:53 pm
Percentage bonuses are multiplicative, therefore it doesn't matter what order they are applied in. 10% x 15% is the same as 15% x 10%.

Sor and JoR will be roughly 40% of your total threat output, therefore for a ballpark figure of the Lodp contribution I would guess at around 35-40 actual spell damage.

Yes tome of the lightbringer is affected by shield spec and the meta gem. It will give around 260 BV with both of those.
_________________
Petrus
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:58 am
I figured that percentage bonuses work that way, but a percentage bonus with a specific bonus like LoDP is a little bit different - it's either applied after the specific bonus, giving greater effect, or before with lesser effect. I just need to go get one stinking badge for that libram now and I can do some testing and see for myself.
_________________
Magnusharkov
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:11 am
ah sorry, I misunderstood the question.

Unless something very odd is going on all percentage bonuses will be applied after all numerical bonuses have been applied.
_________________
jere
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 am
[Base_SoR_dmg + ws*0.09*(spell_dmg + LoDP_Dmg)]*1HWS*T4_2pc

That is my understanding of it. I would actually need to go test that libram specifically, but rarely do bonuses like that get added at the end. They are almost always added before hand. It would be odd of them to single out a single libram when the libram of Zeal is added in before the multiplicatives, as is JotC and trinkets. If it were added afterwards, then it would be the only case that comes to mind.

Note, it treats the damage as spell dmg, so you don't get the full 94 per hit or anything like that.
_________________
Petrus
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:22 am
I picked up the libram this morning, and I'll go test it once I'm home from work. I'd imagine that they probably stack, but I'm just very curious about the whole thing.

Another case I thought of was the T6 Consecration bonus with Libram of Eternal Rest, but I can't test that one myself since I'm only in T4 content with no access to T6 pieces.
_________________