Skip to content
Maintankadin

Difficulty Calculating SoR Damage

moduspwnens
Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Difficulty Calculating SoR Damage

I've looked everywhere for a good way to calculate SoR damage, but I can't seem to find a good formula.

I found this in the Threat Generation Sticky:

Fridmarr
Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 pm
Good luck, this formula is a tough nut to crack. It is also affected slightly by weapon damage, and I haven't seen a formula for SoR that includes that in the calculation.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Shallira
Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:40 pm
0.85*(2610.43*MWS/100)+[0.03*(MW+mw)/2]+3.5+(0.094*MWS*SD)

MWS = weapon speed
MW = max weapon damage (from character sheet tooltip, not base weapon damage)
mw = minimum weapon damage (same deal as max weapon damage)
SD = spell damage

That's the formula I use for SoR damage/swing. It's still off SLIGHTLY but it should stay within 1 point of damage. One-handed spec is not included so you'll want to multiply that into the final result.
_________________
Shallira, Cenarion Circle (US).
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&n=Shallira
jere
Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 am
Just for reference and example, take my stats:

Base weapon: 19-129
My actual weapon damage: 80-195

Base:
MW+mw = 148
MW-mw = 110

Actual:
MW+mw = 275
MW-mw = 115

Different in both cases after AP and talents.
_________________