Skip to content
Maintankadin

Does Spell Hit affect Righteous Defense?

lesurk
Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Does Spell Hit affect Righteous Defense?

I know that melee hit affects Righteous Defense. I also know that, like spells, taunts have a 17% resist rate on raid bosses with 1% that can't be overcome. So my question is does spell hit, in addition to melee hit, also reduce that chance RD will be resisted?

If anyone has any reason for believing one way or the other I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
lesurk
Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:33 pm
Thanks for your reply. Do you have evidence of that or is it just your gut instinct?
Nymeros
Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:33 pm
It was changed to work off of Melee Hit quite a while ago.
_________________
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?
moduspwnens
Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 pm
Actually, I believe the conclusion we came to is that both affect it. Here's the quote from the patch notes:

Karock
Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:59 pm
Unless you have some empirical evidence to support that modus, I think we have every reason to believe that now it functions off of melee hit replacing it's previous spell hit mechanics.
Karock
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 pm
Because assuming from the way some patch notes (which seem to infer it to me, personally) are written the way in which something functions...

Let's just leave it with it wouldn't follow past examples of changes worded in that manner to have BOTH affect it.

So like I said, baring any empirical evidence to the contrary I don't see any reason we should assume otherwise ^.^

EDIT: To clarify, I believe if they were making both apply to taunts they would have said "Now in addition to spell hit, melee hit bla bla bla" or "Melee hit now ALSO affects bla bla bla"
lesurk
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:52 am
The fact that taunts have a 17% resist rate, 1% of which can't be removed has been shown by extensive testing on EJ. This is exactly the behavior of spells. And they clearly say that word resist instead of miss. So unless you have empirical evidence against it I don't see any reason to assume it isn't affected by spell hit.

But I've never made any claims, just asked a question. Perhaps if I can find another nerd I'll test it later. Dam not being able to taunt off myself.
Aalryn
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:42 am
Our taunt is:

100% affected by melee hit
0% affected by spell hit.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius

Old FFXI signatures are FTW. Miss my hot mithra
Karock
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm
I think it's pretty much implied =P

To the OP you don't sound like you're asking a question at all anymore... you sound like you came here to argue and I frankly don't see the point unless you bring something more than "I think it is" to the table.