Skip to content
Maintankadin

Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis - WotLK/3.x

theckhd
Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:13 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Looks like they announced a lot of changes right after I left for vacation. I'll have a lot of reading to catch up on when I get back (in a few days), in addition to one or two longer posts I've been working on in the interim.

Quick question: Would you prefer to see longer, "article-like" posts in this thread, or would you prefer I stuck to more direct, to-the-point posts that cut to the chase? I have a relatively long post about FCFS that will be ready to post when I get back, but it's written in a very "Advanced Training 101" style that makes it more accessible. I could post the whole thing here, or I could post it as a separate thread (so beginners could find it) and post the summary here with just the final figures and my usual "brief" analysis.

I'm leaning towards the separate thread idea, because when I say it's a "relatively long" post I mean that it makes my usual discussions (already lengthy by most people's view) look like something jotted down on a post-it note.
Conaan!
Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:36 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

hey theck, even though i dont play much anymore, im still reading alot of your thread and loving it, personally, i prefer long articles that are well defined, currently as you have it, i can go to the index, and immediately find what i want, which is awesome, the length also feels just about right, enough to tell you what you need to know, but not overly long explanations

keep it up mate
Bobness
Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Theck,
Thanks for all the hard work, I always come to this thread after any changes. For me the front page index referencing the relvant parts is the real winner, keep up the good Work. :wink:
Awyndel
Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Long as you update the index it shouldn't be a problem. If you'd like to have more threads then you can go for that as well. Really depends on if you want ppl to all eventually find this, or if you want more clear threads for beginners.
Culhag
Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

An FCFS vs. 969 article deserves its own post/sticky, just to direct people there when the question is brought up.
Lythac
Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

Culhag wrote:An FCFS vs. 969 article deserves its own post/sticky, just to direct people there when the question is brought up.


969 is a combination of 2 alternating FCFS priorities with a cast on every GCD. The article may talk mainly about substitution and the elusive progression, non-melee, 100% spell damage boss.
Widdox
Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:08 am

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

I like the longer posts. Sorta does the work justice. I know some ppl want the TLDR version, but most of us on the advanced training forum like the discussion and info.
Serv
Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

As Theck founmd out, SotP performs slighty better in Ulduar then Crusade. Has anyone done testing if this changes if a player wears 2 pc t9 gear? (+ 5% HotR Dmg)
Veilan
Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work)

theckhd wrote:Quick question: Would you prefer to see longer, "article-like" posts in this thread, or would you prefer I stuck to more direct, to-the-point posts that cut to the chase?


Why not both?

If it's not too much hassle, you could always summarise it in the end under a TLDR heading.

Personally, I use these boards in two fashions:

Sometimes I just want a bite of information, that I need, or want to know, right now, because perhaps I'm just chatting with my enchanter in game or am standing in front of a raid boss and am pondering whether to swap an item, etcetera. For this, concise information is king.

At other times, I simply browse leisurely and read up for my entertainment and curiousity. That is when I enjoy in-depth discussion and articles, that satisfy my thirst for background knowledge and show the thoughtprocess and theory involved.

Anyway, thanks and cheers!