Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ideal Tank group

Karock
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:49 am
lol

All I have to say is it's not worth destroying your other groups to make yourself a "perfect" group.

Lock for BP in the tanks group. Ret paladin if you're tanking and need the threat.
Requinix
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:33 am
Just for laughs, here is a sample raid group if I had my ideal raid group.

*This is based on my guild roster roughly*

Me
Spriest
Resto Druid
Resto Shammy
Shockadin (healer)

Ret Pally
Enh Shammy
Warrior Arms
Warrior Fury
Rogue

Elemental Shammy
Lock
Mage
Mage
Spriest

Elemental Shammy
Lock
BM Hunter
BM hunter
Healer

Healer
Healer
Healer
Healer
Healer

The only issue with my group is lack of commanding shout and Imp.

No I don't see anything else hurting, if I'm missing something please point it out.
_________________


Dorvan
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:38 am
Switch the shadow priest in group 4 with the BM hunter in group 3
_________________
QuantumDelta
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:24 pm
..9 healers?
_________________
Karock
Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:44 pm
You have one tank? What exactly are you raiding?
Requinix
Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:19 pm
Hmm I miscounted, well we usually run 2 prot pallies, so one of the healers in group 5 is a Prot pally healing for the boss.

I guess I added an extra healer sub him out for a feral druid or prot warrior as the 3rd tank.
_________________


Karock
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:31 pm
So you stack one group with Tank Tank Healer Healer Healer... ?

I'm going to go with my first comment in the thread.
Levantine
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:34 pm
Spring
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Solessa
Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:25 am
When I am MTing...threat is no my main issue.

That is why people here are disagreeing with you. Because they disagree with your first statement.

You came up with a threat group...and even then the way you spent your talents blatantly ignores everything in these forums.

If you want a tanking group for MTing endgame you want:

Imp Lock=HP
Prot War=Commanding Shout=HP
Resto Druid=Healing Aura
Enhance shammy for Agi Totem=Avoidance

If you want a Max Threat Group:
Ret Pally=Sanctity Aura=10% more holy damage=uber threat
Shadow Priest=Uber Manas
Elemental/resto shammy=SD Totem
Maybe a Boomkim for Crit/ or BM hunter for 3% more damage

However, since threat is not an issue that second group is mute point and the ret pally will be in WF group

Honestly, the only people that can out consistantly outthreat me...if everyone has salv....is hunters...and the have feign death for a reason.
_________________

Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Extremity
Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:55 pm
Me
Shadow Priest
Elemental Shaman
Boomkin
BM Hunter
_________________
ydraw
Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:57 am
Just my thoughts (And Hi! First Post! Very Happy)

I don't just think this is the best makeup to max the threat of your prot pally, I think it's the best possible raid setup period, assuming the fight only requires 2 genuine tanks (and there's no requirement for 1 of them to be a warrior). It's also the best if you only require 1 tank, because your feral druid can easily DPS.

Prot Pally
Affliction Warlock
Resto Druid
Resto/Elemental Shammy
Shockadin (healer)

Ret Pally
Enh Shammy
Warrior (Blood Frenzy)
Warrior Fury
Rogue

Elemental Shammy
Destro Lock
Destro Lock
Mage
Spriest

Resto/Enhance Shammy
Feral Druid
BM Hunter
BM Hunter
Survival Hunter

Healer
Healer
Healer
Healer
Healer

I don't think this group is too far out of the realms of possibility.

The holy pally loses very little by speccing Shockadin. 1 Affliction Warlock is basically a requirement now anyway with Malediction affecting the single curse that's been rolled into 1. He isn't going to complain about using his Imp.

Your second tank is the feral druid who in turn receives the biggest buff he can get (Agility totem) and in turn buffs the hunters with Leader Of The Pack.

You've got anywhere from 7-9 healers depending on what you ask the shamans to spec that day.

Really the only glaring problem I can see with this raid makeup is that very few guilds have access to that many Shamans.

Also, It's not possible for the shockadin to also have improved Devotion Aura so you're missing out there, but i think it's a good trade to get sanc aura instead.

The biggest problem with these kind of ideal groups though is that there is very little margin for non-attendance. If even 1 person who plays that class isn't present you tend to end up back with a generic "tank group" which doesn't help you at all.

Still, it's nice to dream eh?