Taking
this data set provided by
Pauladin, I think I can make fairly solid statements about our DR equations. Mythor will be pleased.

Parry fit (using x=str-baseStr, y=preParry):
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x,y) = 3+164./a+1./(1/C+k./(y+x./a))
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 237.2 (237.2, 237.2)
a = 243.6 (243.6, 243.6)
k = 0.886 (0.886, 0.886)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 7.574e-011
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 7.13e-007
Dodge fit (using x=preDodge):
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x) = 2+3.01+1/(1/C+k/x)
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 66.55 (66.41, 66.69)
k = 0.886 (0.8856, 0.8863)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.003583
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.004888
Block fit, excluding two obviously errant data points caused by ret paladins (low by exactly 10%):
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x) = 13+1/(1/C+k/x)
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 150.4 (150.3, 150.5)
k = 0.886 (0.8859, 0.8861)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.0005365
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.001904
Comments:
1) Our estimate of k=0.885 was slightly off, probably due to a lack of solid data (all previous data sets used rounded values, which limited our accuracy). The consistency of k between all three fits is just too hard to ignore. Most importantly, the parry fit is
extremely good; none of the residuals are larger than 0.000005, or 5E-6. The parry fit alone is enough to convince me of k and Cp, both because of the sheer quality of the fit and because it predicts a correctly.
2) The fitted Cp value is fairly consistent with the warrior one. Given how good a fit we have, I suspect that Cp=237.2 for both warriors and paladins.
3) The dodge cap isn't
exactly the same as Cataclysm. If I fix the doge cap to the Cata value, I get this fit:
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x) = 2+3.01+1/(1/65.631440+k/x)
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
k = 0.8839 (0.8837, 0.8841)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.007511
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.007053
While that's good, it's not as good as the one where we allow C to vary, nor is the k value consistent with the incredible parry fit we have. If I force k=0.884 in the parry fit, I get this:
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x,y) = 3+164./a+1./(1/C+0.884./(y+x./a))
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 235.8 (235.6, 236)
a = 244.1 (244.1, 244.2)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.0007984
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.002307
We already know that this value of a is blatantly wrong, and the RMSE gets almost 4 orders of magnitude worse. Furthermore, the residual errors now include values as high as 0.006, or 6E-3, large enough to cause demonstrable rounding errors on the tooltip.
If we instead assume that k=0.886, I get this fit for dodge:
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x) = 2+3.01+1/(1/C+0.886/x)
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 66.56 (66.5, 66.61)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.003584
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.004872
As much as I really,
really think it makes sense logically that the dodge cap is the same as the Cata version, I feel like the data just doesn't support it anymore. I can't fathom a guess at why it changed by ~0.9, but it seems to have.
4) Block's cap is slightly altered based on the new value of k; this is also more consistent with the estimates I've seen from warrior data. Fixing k gives us a very clear value:
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x) = 13+1/(1/C+0.886/x)
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 150.4 (150.4, 150.4)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.0005367
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.001898
Conclusions:
I think our new best estimates for the following constants are:
k=0.886Cp=237.20Cd=66.56Cb=150.40