Skip to content
Maintankadin

Regardling Paladin Threat Scaling

FormerWarrior
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:28 pm
=(1-(C8*20/60)*(1-L6-L5)*(1-L4)))^(ROUNDDOWN(15/C8,0)

For SoVengence, where c8 = weapon speed, l6 = miss from lacking expertise, l5 = miss from lacking hit rating, l4 = miss from spell hit.

I think that works.
Dorvan
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:37 pm
I created a reference set for talking about Paladin threat, generally mitigation oriented. Anyone want to do the same for a Warrior? I don't want this to fall into intense discussion about whether the set up is perfect, just wanted to give a common gear set to go off of.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/25729
_________________
Splug
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 pm
I've never worked with that tool before, but I can give it a shot. Uhh... hrm. Given that I tweaked one thing and now the main link is changed, I take it that unlike the wowhead tallent calculators, changing things on that link is saved globally at that URL, rather than derived by the URL?

... you may have to redo human_paladin_05's tallent points because I'm a noob at sandbox. (sorry=( )

-Splug

EDIT: I'm terrible. Just finished creating a character, create an account to save it... aaaand nuked the whole thing. Oh well, at least I have my armory link to start off this time. Too bad I logged out in terrible dps gear...

EDIT2: Ok, no enchants/sockets, but... http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/25752
That would be the ideal high-mitigation set for bosses that can't crush, in my mind. On an up note, it seems you have to be logged in to save, so I probably didn't do any harm with my initial tinkering anyway.
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
FormerWarrior
Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:51 pm
You'd probably be better off going for a confidence interval at a certain stack than a mean stack value.

I'll take a closer look at it when I get home from work. I'm pretty sure I messed up that original formula. I think its correct now but not 100% sure.
Splug
Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:48 pm
Hrm, I see what you're saying. So, whereas warriors have hit a hard threat cap after making minor defensive sacrifices, paladins have hit a soft cap for increasing threat without making major defensive sacrifices.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Agravaine
Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:40 pm
I think its really the other way around. We need some mitigation stat to at least weakly improve our threat. That gives us a bit of flexibility to wear "generic" plate warrior gear.

We also could use a threat cheat talent in the same mold as combat expertise, which basically gives a discount for us to stamina.
Daeren
Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:58 am
As many other pointed out, after max expertise and hit, what then?

I mean, warriors then can gain more threat by either increasing AP or block value. We gain more threat to all our spells with spell damage.

Also, one thing. The harder bosses hit, the more mana we get back from spiritual attunement, = more threat. That's also in the scaling.

Tbh, I dunno.
_________________