Skip to content
Maintankadin

Damage mitigation Vs other classes

Levantine
Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:21 am
Okay, so this is a little off topic, but did anyone else read a couple of posts that read, "We're so much better than druids, but still, Blizzard totally hates us and we need buffs"? Cause I did, and I died a little inside, since that's pretty much the olden day Warrior mantra. (New age warriors are around, but they're still rare)
_________________

Daeren
Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:38 am
Nahh, I'm fine.

Anyone else feel anything is wrong except for the holy shield cooldown issue, and of course the fact that all spell damage weapons either have 1,6 speed or 1,8 speed.
_________________

Afraithe
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:10 am
On a side note, I've played healer in most of BT as well, and I find a Druid easier to heal than a Warrior, dunno why but damage seems more "even" than with a Warrior.
_________________
Knaughty
Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:03 am
I'm GM, part time raid leader and the only full-time tankadin in my guild.

We have a balanced tanking team:

Two bears, two warriors, 1.5 paladins. We're grabbing another warrior, maybe a bear, to round out the team.

We're just into Tier-6 this fortnight, should be 3/5, 3/9 by the end of the week.

The "default" MT, all other things being equal is the warrior. Which has nothing to do with who can tank what - every boss bar gimmick fights can be tanked by any tank for a progression kill. The actual differences at tanking are too small to care about.

The reason the warrior is tanking is because he's the most useless otherwise, not because he's actually best at tanking.

Ferals gear swap to kitty once the trash is dead and do WAY more DPS than a prot warrior could swinging a 2-hander. I strap on healing gear and spam FoL, judging something very 20 seconds, which is more useful for 90% of fights that the warrior's DPS would be.

So in my guild the pallies and ferals MT less because we're actually good for something else, the warrior isn't.

Lastly, for most things the warriors are marginally better than either option, for the fights that count. I could have tanked our Vashj progression kills, given equivalent gear (at the time I was a recent re-roll). I can't tank KT though, and neither can our bears. Add the emergency tanking buttons and you have the answer. Warriors are the best tanks for most fights and the worst at not tanking for ALL fights, so they tank.
_________________
--