Nadir wrote:I think Lore is correct. I'm not quite sure I understand how this is working. I'm not getting the same combat log entry as before once I try this in full gear.
4512/38769 HP
535 Defense Skill
Malygos's attack was absorbed by Bluedeep.(18095 Absorbed)
Bluedeep's Ardent Defender heals Bluedeep for 6703. (17.7% of max hp; Recount says it was a critical heal, but I don't see that in the raw combat log)
Wonder where the "takes X Physical. (X Absorbed) (X Overkill)" went. It's going straight to Absorb now.
Here's some interesting math based on your numbers:
535 def => (135/140)*0.3*38769 = 11215.32
So the heal you get should be 11215.32
You got a heal of 6703, so lets see how much of your heal you lost.
11215 - 6703 = 4512
Does 4512 look familiar?
It looks like: amount_healed = def_rating/140*0.3*max_health - health_before_hit
EDIT: however, that doesn't follow your previous results, but in your previous results, the value would have been negative given that equation, so maybe it is piecewise:
1. If 30% of your health is more than your remaining health, then amount healed = 30% of your health - remaining health
2. If 30% of your health is less than your remaining health, then amount healed = 30% of your health.
Those are just guesses at the moment though, based on both accounts of Nadir's testing.