Well, on live currently:
We get 5% dodge from both base dodge and naked agility (neither of which are part of diminishing returns).
90/52.0833333333333 = 1.728% dodge not affected by DR:
EJ folks found the base dodge of all paladins to be 3.2685% (they might have done this via the naked agility or something.)
----------------
4.9965% ==> 5.00% character sheet dodge.
I am pretty sure that naked dodge is figured there because if you take a paladin of another race, either naked or in healing gear but in prot spec, you won't get 10% dodge, it will be slightly off. The only difference there is naked dodge, as base values are universal per class, not race, while naked stats are specific per race/class combo.
I am pretty sure naked dodge gets figured in before DR. So far, all the hand calculations I have done using character sheets seem to fit with that.
On the test realm, I still get 10%, but I honestly didn't check to make sure the dodge/agiility changes had made it in yet. The note did say they would adjust base dodge values to compensate for the agility changes, which seems to be another note supporting the idea that naked dodge is figured in there in the 5% before talents.
Xenix wrote:As a reply to two posts:
First, agility is part of your diminished dodge - you can treat agility as dodge rating by dividing it by 1.324. As Mithos said, though, you should subtract off 10% from the dodge and parry percentage totals displayed on your character sheet to arrive at the diminished values to compare to the ideal ratio.
I am pretty sure this isn't the case for your naked dodge (you probably meant that is the case, and was just talking about additional agility, so the following stuff is just for clarity sake). It looks as if it never diminishes.
Lets look at my char sheet I have 551 def skill (6.04%), 456 dodge rating (11.58890255% dodge), and 112 agility, 90 of which is base).
assuming they split: 20 agil => 0.4224%
assuming no split: 112 agil => 2.1504%
Base dodge is 3.2685%
Assuming they split:
10% noDR dodge + 1/(1/88.129021+0.956/(6.04 + .4224+11.58890255)) = 10 + 1/(1/88.129021+0.956/18.05130255) = 10 + 15.5504%
That makes my character sheet dodge = 25.55%, which matches my armory atm.
Now assume they don't split (all agility is affected by DR):
8.2685% noDR dodge + 1/(1/88.129021+0.956/(6.04 + 2.1504+11.58890255)) = 8.2685 + 1/(1/88.129021+0.956/19.77930255) = 8.2685 + 16.7559 = 25.0244
That makes my character sheet dodge = 25.02%, which does not match my armory atm.
Given that and the fact that different races show different "naked" dodges, it at least seems reasonable to assume:
Naked agility is not affected by DR
Naked agility is included in your naked dodge stat
double check my math though.
Majiben wrote:If I recall correctly, there has been no testing to show that the defense is actually stepped. The tooltips are not to be trusted as shown with expertise not actually being stepped. Now testing this is quite time consuming considering the small percentages involved. Just food for thought.
That is definitely a consideration, but I am less likely to believe that one since the stepped nature also matches with our character sheet dodge/parry/block values. If defense were not stepped, I would expect those to change differently. I wouldn't expect them to calculate two dodge values: 1 actual dodge (non-stepped-defense) and one "display on character sheet" dodge (stepped defense). Expertise never really had that issue as you don't add in expertise results with anything else on the character sheet.