Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

bub64882
Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

moduspwnens wrote:
Ezikiel wrote:if we have divine plea up and blood draining proccs, will it get the divine plea healing penalty?


Divine Plea only reduces healing done by FoL, HL, and Holy Shock.


That went live? I still seem to see a reduction in my Draenei HOT w/ DP up...I'll have to recheck that tonight.
Awyndel
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

Hmmz I suspected an internal cooldown, should have looked it up. Yeah that would put paladins less at a disadvantage, especially if the PTR ardent defender changes are gonna happen.
Dread
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

This enchant might have just gotten more interesting with 3.2...
trellian
Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

With the new 3.2 changes, (AD being non-leapfroggable) can we safely assume that this enchant is actually a pure increase to our EH?

Edit: nvm, you can't as is it reactive instead of proactive. It'll still work very nicely together though.
Melathys
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

with the "last stand" part of the new AD at 30%, this enchant should proc when that part of AD is triggered.


All in all I've been happy with this enchant so far though. I've seen it crit for 3.5k. not a shabby free heal.
theckhd
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

Yeah, with the change to leapfrogging most of this analysis is obsolete. Now it's a pure TTL increase no matter how you slice it. Whether it's better than an avoidance option is still up in the air.

I suspect I won't be revisiting this calculation at all, especially with everyone clamoring for me to re-run the threat stuff due to the new seal changes.
Mindrak
Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:20 am

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

theckhd wrote:Yeah, with the change to leapfrogging most of this analysis is obsolete. Now it's a pure TTL increase no matter how you slice it. Whether it's better than an avoidance option is still up in the air.

I suspect I won't be revisiting this calculation at all, especially with everyone clamoring for me to re-run the threat stuff due to the new seal changes.


If you do get the chance to rerun this, could you please compare it to stamina and give a relative value? It seems the difficulty in evaluating it vs. other enchants is the value of effective health vs. avoidance.

Thanks!
Braundo
Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

I, too, am leaning toward using Blood Draining over Agility once I get a better weapon. With AD leapfrogging a thing of the past, and especially considering that if this procs from the AD Guardian Spirit effect (meaning that the enchant trigger effect can't be leapfrogged unless your Guardian Spirit proc is already blown), this may prove to be a pretty helpful little survivability boost.
Chasey
Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

Thanks for all the time put into this and input from others. It helped clear my issues I had and it is now going on my weapon.
My reasons-
its a free heal
it procs when you need it most
it doesn't care if its physical or magical damage that it is healing you for
and last but not least I died last nite in XT hard mode to.....Nature damage from a spark (long story but I still wonder if I had this enchant would I have lived) but we downed him
I really want to for my own prespective see how this works

Its funny to me that lots of tanks will put mongoose on a weapon w/the hopes it procs (even being a lvl 70 enchant) and are this concerned about getting a free heal from BD when it procs, being that is when you need it most. (no offense against Mongoose that was just and example)
steadypal
Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

its good, but with its 50second time to full stack, and 10sec + iCD to reapply itself, if theres any movement at all in a fight, its most likely going to fall off, and then having to wait 50 more seconds, IDK,, meh
badgermonkey
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

Every other Flash Freeze, where I couldn't continue meleeing Hodir, tonight it dropped off, having only built up to about 3 stacks. That was annoying.
stroggylos
Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation

soooo

in short what i understand is that when doin progress raids this enchant will certainly procc more than once and if it does properly it will save an ardent defender procc aka will give u a death avoidance more ... now this may also happen with one of the varius hots u may have on but it is free with an enchant ... what i also understand is that it will most probably procc without reason and take much time to stack as well so there is a chance it will procc inaffectively either cause of the timin or the small amount of stacks.... now although i haven't reviewed blade ward for threat against moongoose i would go for blade ward (or accuracy if not hit capped will have to read the math analysis for that) in farmin content and for blood reserve in progress.