Skip to content
Maintankadin

Improved tanking simulator

Dorvan
Fri May 25, 2007 11:10 am
Is the simulator updated with th new AD/Imp HS? That would be good, and although not relevant anymore it'd be interesting to have an option to switch back to old AD for comparison.
AergisAergis's avatar
Fri May 25, 2007 11:16 am
Yes, it uses the new AD and theres an option for imp holy shield, so you can compare that.
_________________
athinira
Sun May 27, 2007 6:50 am
Hello Aergis. Any chance for a adding druids to the tanking list?

Basic chances needed for druid:
- No crushing immunity
- No block or parry
- No Defensive Stance/Imp. Righteous Fury

Regards,
Athinira, 70 Tauren Druid, EU Ravencrest
Minimajs, 70 Human Paladin, EU Kul Tiras
AergisAergis's avatar
Sun May 27, 2007 11:23 am
Nothing else needs to be added? Hm, I guess everything is enter yourself, and defense is assumed to be uncrittable in the simulator.

Adding druids should be really simply then. They just have to put 0 for block and 0 for parry, and I have to remove the shield block abilitiy.


I was holding off on it because I thought I'd have to do some odd low defense = crit immune calculations, but I forgot that I already removed crits assuming everyone using the sim would be at least 490 def.
_________________
athinira
Tue May 29, 2007 6:32 am
Druids only need 415 defense to be crit immune, but since your calculator doesn't currently support crit or defense this is irrelevant i guess. They will always be subject to crushing blows as well since they can't block and don't have anything similar to Imp Righteous Fury or Defensive Stance. Thats about it.
Kathryn
Wed May 30, 2007 9:59 am
Looks like the Sim doesn't use the New AD: My HP is 14177 input in sim 35% of that is: 4962, 34% of it is 4820.

High King Maulgar hits you for 4193 (385 blocked) - HP : 4299

I should be covered by AD on next attack.

High King Maulgar hits you for 4515 (385 blocked) - HP : -216

I ran it again... and it halved dmg intake under 20%.

FIX!!!! lol
athinira
Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:28 pm
Still waiting for druid implementation <3
AergisAergis's avatar
Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:27 pm
fixed and druids added. see OP.
_________________
Spart
Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:06 pm
I don't know whether you know this problem, however when a heal is canceled, it still costs mana. This is my Combat log (part of it)

Priest3 cancels heal
Priest1 cancels heal
Priest2 cancels heal
Maulgar attacks, you dodge
Priest3 cancels heal
Priest1 cancels heal
Maulgar hits you for 5602 (275 blocked)
Priest2 is OOM
Priest3's greater heal heals you for 3961
Priest1 is OOM
_________________
Myotis
Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:23 pm
I think having the option to "limit" the fights could be usefull. i.e. Maiden has 420,000 HP and your raid generates 4200 DPS which means the encounter will last 100 seconds. Would help to see if you can make it throught without your healers going OOM.

( and prevent my browser to crash when I enter stupid numbers Razz )
_________________
Spart
Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:22 pm
Ahh, now I understand what was happening. Too bad, I go down fast against High king.... and everything. /cry
_________________
Ezikiel
Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:57 pm
i must be doing something wrong cause i take 8k hits all the time from maulgar in the sim Rolling Eyes , and i have tanked him ingame
_________________


Ezikiel retierd pre 2.3