Skip to content
Maintankadin

Consercration : needs rework?

Chunes
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm
I wouldnt call HotR aoe.

It's a damage chain mechanic identical to chain lightning in how it works.

AoE effects are another thing entirely: effects based on an area with a given radius. If you have 100 mobs in the radius of the effect, they will all take the damage barring resists.

100 mobs in front of you and you use HotR, it still only hits 3.

swipe on the other hand...
_________________
Maswin
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:11 am
TBH we've been trying this with 2tanks for a while, me on drake/whelp duty and it just takes a bit of practice. At first I was doing the lazy way, judging light on Tenebron to help me relax for when the whelps spawn, but the last few weeks I've spent the first 20s on Teneb focusing on maximising my threat as much as possible, trying to be perfect with my rotation. As soon as I see the message he's hatching, I move to the portal and drop a pre-emptive consecrate in the direction of the healers, and then keep refreshing it when its up whilst largely focusing on judge/ShoR/HotR and putting holy shield as the least priority until I have the whelps. I figure until that point, the extra dmg I may take from a few seconds of no HS is covered by the healers prepared for dmg spikes on me (but in no way do i let it drop when the whelps spawn).

Occassionally one or 2 gets loose, but AD/Judge/AS is enough to regain it, and even HoR now will help immensely.

The only answer is practice practice practice til you're comfortable, as its insanely hectic 2 tanking.
towelliee
Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:34 am
Concecrate should work like the TCLAP where the second you hit it, a large AOE burst does out in a 10 yard radius then the blast hits the floor and starts to tick..sexsay
_________________
Lavnihs
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:24 am
Change holy wrath. Remove the undead component, reduce the damage to be more inline with TC damage.

This gives us an interrupt (on another long cooldown) and an instant threat move, while retaining Consecrate as it is. This will help us in further content when everything isn't going to be undead as well.
_________________
Lavnihs -BE Prot Pally, <Deceit> Anetheron

1/1 Hogger (pre-nerf)
Levantine
Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:03 am
Since when was Elsie so emo?
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Dantriges
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:28 pm
Sounds like I should turn over all add duties to a warrior then (no DK tank in guild atm)? Very Happy