Skip to content
Maintankadin

102.4 vs 540 - a lot of hp's

Helpunot
Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:15 pm
Ah yes, but HP does matter, especially for paladins. Otherwise we have wasted 5 talent points into a useless passive ability. I have touted that for a long time, and it was very much true until leapfrogging became retarded in sunwell. Still, I was the trash OT back then with nary a hope for MT'ing anything. What could I expect, I had just joined a guild that had been around for a long time and had well well established members and a tank that was considered to be so good he was called a robot =D. He is good btw, I just can't live in the OT role ever again. BLizz has seemed to like to itemize our gear to be inferior in everything but hp, but lets not go down that road it was only said so that I could explain why I subscribe to being a stam whore.
QuantumDelta
Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:15 pm
Helpunot take a quick look:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=QuantumDelta

I'm a stamwhore.
Pretty bad one too, I already know I have quite too much.

I've tanked everything now, with varying numbers and qualities of healers, and I'm quite happy to say you can probably tank everything ingame right now with ~23k hp ub as long as your bV/avo is reasonable enough people wont really even notice.
You don't need SO MUCH HP that you are gimping your crit immunity for it +102.4.
It's just bad practice, and not worth the drop.
_________________
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.
Helpunot
Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:24 pm
Just from my personal experience I guess. Though that proves nothing without you being able to see my wws. I had 516 defense and never once got critted except for the times where the boss was too easy for me to worry about making 100% sure HS was in my rotation on CD. I would think with 516 defense I would most definately have known if I was getting critted, plus I can see it very very easily whenever it happens with my UI, HUGE numbers flash across the screen if / when it happens.

Actually, here is a wws of a full night of naxx with me as the MT on most fights including KT.

http://wowwebstats.com/szx2ylfzlmm4q?a=x11d0d8c

I am showing 0% crits for the night with physical damage however there are like 4 crits overall for the night, unfortunately I have no clue how to go about filtering this stuff to see if it was because HS was down. Loatheb was one boss I believe I allowed myself to be crit on and I think it was because I had run OOM, though the intention wasn't to be critted if thats what happened rather I wanted to take some damage. I was rolling with between 516-530 defense. (I say 516-530 because I just remember both of those numbers for some reason, short term memory fails me.)
QuantumDelta
Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:07 am
Nah, they don't, actually add up my sta and you'll see there's a discrepancy, it's missing sockets on bracers/belt ;p
Kinda besides the point though I meant it as an example to Helpunot, I feel I have /too much/ stamina already, gimping yourself potential crit immunity in a lot of situations where you might be anywhere near that level for an extra few hundred more, rather than potentially more raw avoidance - simply because you can abuse block rating and get 102.4 faster ->> isn't worth it atm.

....You'd be better off stacking bV after crit immunity, overall your avo would be higher, your EH would be about the same and yea, no chance of a magical unlucky oneshot during lag, movement or a lapse of concentration.
_________________
While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.