Skip to content
Maintankadin

Does Spell Hit affect Righteous Defense?

Angelus
Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 pm
Wow...This thread definitely isn't what I'm used to seeing on these boards. Flames and people claiming to know exactly what is possible and not possible because of how the game is programmed.

I had followed the previous thread...most people were leaning towards the idea that it is effected by both hit ratings.

Wasn't the same patch that brought us the "affected by melee hit" change the same patch that brought all the Paladin badge tank gear with spell hit?

If anyone has the gear to test this on Blade's Edge-US, I'm definitely up for helping in any way I can.
QuantumDelta
Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 pm
I should perhaps clarify something for a few people.

Blizzard, for a long time, simply refered to the "melee" side of ratings as "hit" or "crit".

They changed the actual definition of the skill rating a little while ago too (there was an actual Crit Rating, Spell Crit Rating, and Melee Crit Rating, present in the game) to remove Crit Rating - botched it, it effected both.

When they finally fixed it, they started referring to anything melee orientated as purely "X Rating" again.

It's always been like that.
The only time they go into more detail is when they think they're explaining something complicated.

Which this isn't.

If you do want to test it the infamous Veno is there, if you don't wanna use him you're a bit SoL.

But unless you get a positive-for-your-argument test case out I'm not going to sit down for 5 hours waiting for a 15 bleeding second cooldown with a mate, for the sake of your pedantics, no offence, but there's plenty more useful or fun things that I could be doing.

Oh and finally:
The items that were bugged with being labeled only as "Crit" or "Hit" Rating were all melee items bar one (Meta Gem which was apparently unrelated but I figure I may as well mention it cuz if people truly are paying attention it'll be brought up Razz).
_________________
Teyrocar
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:46 am
One last thought:

Considering that the Hit stats are being combined in WotLK, it would make sense that Blizzard would implement a "hot-fix," in effect, by making certain abilities affected by both hit ratings.
_________________
Arcand
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:03 am
I've been quietly hoping for a while that they'll generalize the hit/crit ratings in advance so we can all see what kind of difference it makes.

You'll know it's happened if you see a ring of AFK tankadins sitting in a circle around smith Hauthaa. Their players will be bashing away at their calculators reevaluating all the 2.4 badge gear.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - Tanked 11/11 Kara, 2/2 GL, 1/1 ML, 6/6 ZA, 0.5/5 SSC, 1/3 TK, 0/2 MH, 2/4 BT
The only real things in this game are the other people playing it - so get some f-ing manners.
Joanadark
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:22 am
All I got out of this thread is we'd all rather argue for pages and page and pages on a forum because we're all too lazy to actually go out and test it to prove our points.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
Frickit
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:30 am
The way I see it is, my goggles have melee hit and my wep has spell hit. I wouldnt want to give up all hit completely and whether its a mixture of the two I dont care. Some hit has for sure reduced the amount my taunt misses. It makes no sense at all that both wouldnt affect RD/AS.

When I had no hit I missed all the time. When I only had melee hit on goggles it still missed sometimes. Now that I have the spell hit too I cant remember the last time it missed. Not a test I know but whoever thinks anecdotal evidence is worthless doesnt live in the really real world.

not to mention again that in the language from blizzard it can be reasonably assumed that melee hit was an addition not a replacement to spellhit. they both also increase your threat so not bad either...
_________________




6/6ZA 2/2GL 1/1ML 3/4TK 5/6SSC Doomwalker:)