Updated Analysis.I made the changes that I listed before, increasing BV from items except shields, making the SoV 5-stack proc unavoidable and making it no longer benefit from SotP. This had dramatic changes on the relative value of talents, essentially plummeting SotP to the bottom of the list in DPS even though it remains ahead of Reckoning in TPS.
Relative DPS/TPS Value of Talents- Code: Select all
Talent DPS TPS
Reck 16.5359 30.9
SotP 14.2900 39.6
Conv 19.2554 45.9
Crus 30.4033 76.3
TbtL 45.9125 127
1HWS 90.3808 227
This put me in an in an interesting position - how should I value the talents in my example specs? I chose to go with the same specs that I used earlier which favor SotP over Reckoning because it's only a loss of about 2 DPS per point, it's a gain of about 9 TPS. So when chosing talents, I always chose that which would give me the most TPS which meant: Crusade>Convition>SotP>Reckoning. That said, the specs ended up staying exactly the same.
Goal:We're trying to find the highest DPS/TPS spec based on how many utility talents you pick up. I'm defining utility talents as: Divine Sacrifice + Divine Guardian, 2/2 Pursuit of Justice, 2/2 Vindication. In order to pick up DSac+DGuard, we'll be taking the three points from Reckoning. In order to pick up PoJ, and/or Vindication, we'll be taking points from Conviction and/or SotP.
Setup:Rotation: 969
Seals: Seal of Vengeance (SoV)
Glyphs: Judgement+Vengeance (JV)
Gear: Majiben's T8 Progression set - WITH TITANGUARD
Base Spec: 0/53/6Key:Spec:
S=SotP
V=Cov
C=Crus
R=Reck
Utility:
D=DSac+DGuard
P=PoJ
V=Vindication
Note: On specs that take only "P" for utility, it can be swapped for "V".
DPS/TPS of Viable Tanking Specs
- Code: Select all
Utility Spec DPS TPS
5S3V3R 3.3152 8.3445
5V3C33R 3.3693 8.4531
D 5S3V 3.2636 8.2482
D 5V3C3 3.3153 8.3522
P 5S1V3R 3.2743 8.2468
P 3V3C3R 3.3278 8.3543
DP 5S1V 3.2237 8.1522
DP 3V3C 3.2747 8.2551
PV 4S3R 3.2372 8.1518
PV 1V3C3R 3.2863 8.2554
DPV 4S 3.1870 8.0581
DPV 1V3C 3.2342 8.1580
Graph of TPS:

Conclusions:No real surprises here. Assuming SotP does not affect the SoV proc, it remains the same DPS/TPS as before since the SoV DoT damage was not changed at all. Reckoning received a very large boost in DPS from the SoV proc (a 47% increase) but it wasn't enough to catch anything besides SotP since all our other talents received buffs from our overall increased DPS/TPS. Additionally, we can clearly see that despite the ShoR nerf we're ahead of what we were at in 3.1. I've seen talk of ShoR getting a threat increase, possibly to compensate for the damage decrease but I haven't made any changes to account for that and it's not like we need additional threat at this point either. The gear set I'm using was the default one when I downloaded Theck's code and should possibly be changed. I updated the BV changes to gear and LoO, but still have LotSS equipped even though it's currently worse than LoO. I assume it will get buffed slightly which will buff all the talents except for Reck and SotP by a little bit. The only gear that I swapped was equipping Titanguard instead of Last Laugh.
tl;dr Summary:- Crusade specs are universally ahead of SotP specs (assuming SotP doesn't affect the SoV 5-stack Proc)
- In terms of DPS, the order of talents goes: Crus > Conv > Reck > SotP
- In terms of TPS, the order of talents goes: Crus > Conv > SotP > Reck
- Reckoning's DPS per point has improved by about 47% in 3.2 (11.2 -> 16.5)
- 0/53/18 builds remain the highest in DPS/TPS when compared to other specs that take the same utility talents