Skip to content
Maintankadin

(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Majiben
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:16 pm
We really don't have any better options than the SoV glyph. Also it's not expertise rating but expertise skill. Worth close to 80 expertise rating.
Steelhand
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:58 am

Lil Help

Hey Guys,
I dabble in the tanking arts, as I do in all specs of being Paladin. As such, I have crafted and use a Titansteel Guardian as my healing mace, and have simply adopted it to my Tanking Set as well. Now, I generally managed about 3000-3500 TPS on a Single Target when tanking it. I was under the impression, that due to the slow weapon speed of Guardian, it's still quite powerful when used with HotR, and the added benefits of all that spell power would increase threat generated by Conc, Avengers and the like.

Am I completely off base in this assumption, or is there some level of truth to it?

Would like to know cause I got verbally assaulted by a warrior in Dalaran for "wearing nub gear", and he got under my skin a lil bit.
Levantine
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:14 am

Re: Lil Help

Steelhand wrote:Hey Guys,
I dabble in the tanking arts, as I do in all specs of being Paladin. As such, I have crafted and use a Titansteel Guardian as my healing mace, and have simply adopted it to my Tanking Set as well. Now, I generally managed about 3000-3500 TPS on a Single Target when tanking it. I was under the impression, that due to the slow weapon speed of Guardian, it's still quite powerful when used with HotR, and the added benefits of all that spell power would increase threat generated by Conc, Avengers and the like.

Am I completely off base in this assumption, or is there some level of truth to it?

Would like to know cause I got verbally assaulted by a warrior in Dalaran for "wearing nub gear", and he got under my skin a lil bit.


You are completely off base.
Steelhand
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 am
Good to know. Now would anyone be able to offer some helpful hints to a part timer as to where a Blacksmith with excess money may find a "better" tanking weapon?
Mishakal
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:42 am
Steelhand wrote:Good to know. Now would anyone be able to offer some helpful hints to a part timer as to where a Blacksmith with excess money may find a "better" tanking weapon?


I am not sure about crafted weapons ...

The best pre-raid tanking weapon is in Heroic UP, The Red Sword of Courage...

There is also drops from HOL and UK, both normal mode that are good enough. I have seen both drop but cant remember what they are called.

At work so cant really search.
Levantine
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:42 am
Titansteel Destroyer.
Majiben
Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 am
Levantine wrote:Titansteel Destroyer.
Completely devoid of defensive stats.
Steelhand
Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:33 am
Not to mention its a 2h. Which is only good for DK trolls.
AholeyKnight
Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:29 pm
DK's are limited to bladed weapons only.

So no Titansteel Destroyers for them.
PsiVen
Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 am
I'm fairly certain DKs can use maces.

Titansteel Guardian makes a perfectly serviceable tanking weapon with high stamina and threat, albeit strictly worse than the Bonecrusher it does pull double duty as your healing mace. You will probably want to seek out a Red Sword of Courage from H UP, but the Guardian will do you fine.
Levantine
Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:01 am
AholeyKnight wrote:DK's are limited to bladed weapons only.

So no Titansteel Destroyers for them.


Click my armory.

And I did happen to mean the Bonecrusher, I can never remember which is which, and I even use one.

And FYI, death knights will not want the new BoP weapons, they'll blow chunks for threat gen.
Steelhand
Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:34 am
Which is good, cause blizz took em out of the game :P
Garath.Gorefiend
Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:52 am
PsiVen wrote:This time around, I changed AS to replace every 4th judgement. It's probably a more realistic implementation of AS into a rotation, and is probably optimal as well but I didn't check.

As predicted, the coefficient nerfs mean that spell power weapons have finally fallen from grace, even with 5/5 SotP. The Titansteel Bonecrusher is now quite certainly (~60 TPS) better than the Guardian.

Code: Select all
Titansteel Bonecrusher N-Target TPS (Stats Value Added)

         Single  Double Triple
10 STR   19.2    14.8   13.3
15 SBV   11.6     5.8    3.9
20 AP    11.5     9.9    9.4
10 HIT    7.2     4.6    3.7
10 EXP    6.9     5.3    4.8
10 CRIT   5.2     3.3    2.6
12 SP     4.7     3.8    3.5
10 AGI    4.5     2.9    2.3
15 STA    2.2     1.7    1.6
10 HASTE  1.1     0.6    0.4
BASE     3715    2902   2631


In other words, the weighted TPS stat comparison now stands:
Code: Select all
Single Target
STR  100.0%
SBV   60.5%
AP    59.8%
HIT   37.6%
EXP   36.2%
CRIT  26.9%
SP    24.5%
AGI   23.7%
STA   11.2%
HASTE  5.9%

Double Target Per Target
STR  100.0%
AP    66.9%
SBV   39.2%
EXP   36.1%
HIT   30.7%
SP    25.7%
CRIT  22.0%
AGI   19.4%
STA   11.7%
HASTE  3.8%

Triple Target Per Target
STR   100.0%
AP     70.3%
EXP    36.1%
SBV    29.0%
HIT    27.4%
SP     26.2%
CRIT   19.6%
AGI    17.3%
STA    12.0%
HASTE   2.8%


Without regard for other talent points required, here's the direct comparison people were looking for:
Base: 3560.1
SotP: 3715.1
Conviction: 3674.3

Conviction still sucks.


Psiven

I hate to point out flaws, but...

Either the above weighting is incorrect or your spreadsheet is wrong

The value of Hit Rating as long as your below the cap varies with your current Str and spell power.

Simple example.

Using your spreadsheet, take a weapons dps with your current default stats but add 20 str...

Measure DPS change

Now remove the 20 str and add 40 Hit...measure dps change....

Change is almost identical, with hit rating being close to 50% of the value of Str.

Now, lets do the same experiment with increased stats...lets say end game gear, and anticipate 1500 str and 3000 sta...

Now do same experiment. Value of hit rating will exceed 50% of str.

Simply put, given that hit rating increases dps by a % while str increases dps/tps by a flat amount, means that its value changes depending on where you are in gear progression.

Effectively, to put it in another light, lets say you have two options...
Option 1:
You can put 100 in the bank and I give you $10 every year

Option 2:
you can put 100 in the bank and I give you 5% every year.

At first, option 1 looks good...but option 2 compounds...as you base investment grows the return on Option 2 becomes greater.
Rhî
Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am
Garath.Gorefiend wrote:Either the above weighting is incorrect or your spreadsheet is wrong


That are old news. This weighted tps stat comparison was always 'wrong' in general. It's just for one specific gear, talent, glyph, etc. setting Vs. one specific mob. Change your gear setting or your enemy attack stats and you change the values of the tps stat comparison.

I've made a stat comparison calculation in my spreadsheet (stickied here, too) and the numbers are always changing with every new piece of gear.