xstratax wrote:Im following your Blog Theck, and using your DR values and formulae to write my macros and addons, but nothing seems to line up.
- Code: Select all
baseAvoid + (1/Ca + k/A)^-1
Ca is just replaced with the appropriate stat, as is A (preDR of course)
the numbers I got off your blog:
- Code: Select all
k = .855
Cb = 1.491
Cd = 65.63144
Cp = 235.5
When I run these formulae on beta my dodge is always ~.1% lower than expected, but is still higher than its PreDR value. My sample sets are likely not as good as yours, but range from 7.65% Character sheet Dodge to 9.06%. I get similar, but more profound discrepancies with Block. At 24.99% Mastery, the formula says I should have 1.416% PostDR Block, but the tooltip shows 36.65% (including Base Block).
My gut says that tooltips are wildly inaccurate, but the Block DR formula still feels too harsh (mostly considering the fact that Mastery is still quite valuable on your TDR list)
I'm guessing it's a unit consistency issue. For example, if you express Cd in percent instead of decimal, then you have to do the same with avoidance. As an example, 10% pre-DR dodge should give you:
1/(1/65.63144+0.885/10)=9.6398% post-dr dodge. Add that to the base 3.01 to get 12.65% on the character sheet.
Similarly for block. 24.99% mastery should give:
1/(1/149.1+0.885/24.99)=23.7411% post-DR. We have 13% base block (10% from GbtL, 3% base), for a total of 23.74+13=36.74%.
If you incorrectly use 1.491 and 24.99 in the formulas simultaneously, you get the 1.416% result.
I usually do everything in decimals, i.e.:
- Code: Select all
Cd=0.65631440; %Diminishing Returns C coefficient - dodge
Cp=2.32; %Diminishing Returns C coefficient - parry
Cb=1.491; %Diminishing Returns C coefficient - block
But either way works as long as you stay consistent. Not sure why the character sheet is saying 36.65% instead of 36.74%; it's possible they've slightly tweaked the block DR coefficient since we
last tested it. That sort of thing doesn't usually make it into patch notes. It's easy enough for me to re-fit it if someone gives me data.