Skip to content
Maintankadin

(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Carabar
Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:43 pm
Colour me confused at this stage. Basically I have the Merciless Gladiator's Gavel, but also managed to get the Kings's Defender last Kara run.

Looking at the graphs, I get the impression that King's Defender is off the chart, it's so bad? Yet the threads and the stats seem to indicate that it is good after all?
PsiVen
Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:05 pm
KD is about 20 TPS worse than the S2 Gavel at 80, so the difference will be similar at 70. It's probably your best bet for now due to its other stats, but I would still recommend picking up a S2 DPS weapon.

Majiben
Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:28 am
A +10 defense gem or +5def/7stamina gem if your defense is still a little low post 3.0. If you have plently of defense +15 stamina is the way to go.
_________________
Majiben
halabar
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:13 pm
Any updates for the spreadsheet with some of the other lvl 70 stuff?.. (the other lvl 70 spreadsheet only has about 5 weapons on it, so it's not terribly useful anymore).
_________________

Helpunot
Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:06 am
The whole threat doesn't matter thing seems mostly true until you get to the max level of t6 content. There are a few dps players in my guild that are nipping at my heels on a few bosses, gorefiend was one example last night. Took us just over 1 minute to kill him lol, and a few people got very very close to pulling off my 2500 + tps =D.

Scaling comes to mind here. Whereas a kara geared tank has nothing to worry about, it seems (some) dps TPS (mages in particular) scales a little bit more than our tps near the end of progression. Of course noone actually pulled off me until the 3rd boss in hyjal, where 2 people pulled off of me somehow (stuns maybe?). The rest of the fights I tanked were not an issue and maybe the result of someone trying to seriously max their dps by nuking right off the get go.
Branir
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:25 am
That does sound like a scaling issue, although you'd really want to have lots of information first. More attempts, WWS'es etc.

Regarding the 3rd boss in MH, that's strange. Being able to frontload a lot of threat right from the start is still one of the paladin's great advantages (or should be anyway). I only have healing experience in T6 content so I'm no expert on pally tanking in MH, but you should constantly be outputting more TPS than your mages, and a few stuns shouldn't make you lose aggro. But "shouldn't" is a wonderful word isn't it Razz

Mind me asking about your gear, gems etc.?
Brondar
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:45 am
Hello there guys.

Well, this "threat is not an issue" thing is not working pretty well for me. Yes, I'm keeping 1.5k tps in almost every fight, but my dps friends are surpassing this threat with some frequency (is this word right?). And I'm noticing a poor tps on some humanoids fights - was generating 600-800 tps on Mech last boss this weekend.

I'm t5/badge geared, and havent made my mind about weapons yet. Im trying Sun Eater with mongoose, Fool's Bane with Potency and will try that axe from Alar, cant remember its name. I've done some trials with Hammer of Judgement too, but I felt that the tps loss is even harder when using it.

This been said, I would like to ask you:
Are you having this tps loss too? And are you been threat capped by your dpsers? What weapons are you using? And is it worth to keep a tank weapon for avoidance fights and a high dps for threat (my char is a dwarf, so I'm looking forward for a mace... I think I'll get S2 Pummeler, since my guild is not doing SSC anymore)?
Mneme
Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:40 pm
The main reason you might find your TPS lacking at 70 is the lack of Shield of Righteousness. SoR is worth roughly 75-85% of your BV in TPS, and at a T6 level you should be sitting on 800-900 BV depending on your rings and whatnot. So you're missing out on a HUGE chunk of threat until level 75. I still don't understand why we don't have access to a core tanking ability until so late a level. Imagine a warrior tanking T6 content without Shield Slam, we're in that situation right now. :\
_________________
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
Helpunot
Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:26 am
1 more thought to chew on. Some people are excited about their ubr threat, others are saying they need more threat and are having issues. For the people that are having issues, has there been any kind of comparison on their gear to those that aren't having issues? Maybe it has nothing to do with strength and such, maybe they are just missing a lot more now with precision gone.

This would tend to make our threat numbers more spiky yes? Unless I am missing something and JoV and HotR cannot miss or use a different modifier other than hit to decide whether we hit the mob or not. (That doesn't sound right, but had to throw it in.)
Mneme
Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:45 am
My threat is fine vs all of my DPS, I just find myself getting rofled in TPS by my warrior co-tank. But then, he has all of his tanking abilities already and is probably actually a tad better than myself anyway, so it doesn't bother me much. Now that I'm getting used to the new abilities, I'm finding it a lot easier to toss out Hand of Salv if I see a warlock or mage creeping up on threat. Overall my impression of the changes at 70 are that we're "good enough" and will only get better as we level.
_________________
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.