Skip to content
Maintankadin

(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Halstrom
Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 am
Hammer of Atonement is not there, but the DPS/SP seems the same as Hammer of Judgment. Should I assume the TPS is the same?
Fredric
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:46 am
This was earlier in the topic, but didn't see a real answer.
I have atm a King's Defender, a Merciless Slicer and a Hammer of judgement.
I downloaded the excel spreadsheet to calculate the weapons tps. I saw that with the racial the Unbreakeble will has 41 expertise?? is this an error?
Anyway, I calculated that the threat difference between a King's Defender and a Slicer is about 40tps. In the old days 40tps was a deal imo, is it still such a big deal now the patch hit?

Thanks in advance
Lightbeard
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 pm
Quick question before my raid

Hammer of Judgement with Spelldmg vs

Unenchanted Heartless? (getting 20str this weekend)
_________________
C'thulu wins!

"C'thulu 08: Why vote for a lesser evil?"
Lightbeard
Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:56 pm
I'm broke been spending my druid and lights money on respecs
_________________
C'thulu wins!

"C'thulu 08: Why vote for a lesser evil?"
Lightbeard
Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:09 pm
kk ima try heartless
_________________
C'thulu wins!

"C'thulu 08: Why vote for a lesser evil?"
econ21
Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:30 am
PsiVen - any chance of revising your spreadsheet to include dps as well as tps? I imagine it would be fairly straightforward to do. I know as tanks, we are not supposed to care about dps, but it is relevant for grinding and to some extent in 5 mans.

It's just that people are reporting more dps with the SP weapons post-patch and given the rather modest tps differentials [coupled with high overall threat], it may change weapon recommendations.
PsiVen
Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:25 am
It's only single target, but DPS is included as well. Look under the RawDPS page.

Thing is, the only part of our threat that scales DPS relatively better than TPS is white damage. This means that under no circumstances will you have an SP weapon that does less threat but more damage. You will likely find that for large numbers of mobs, though, the SP weapon does more TPS and as the number of mobs increases, more DPS as well.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Sela
Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:16 am
Thanks for the information in this thread, it answered the questions that arose for me yesterday

edit:
i got dragonscale-encrusted longblade with potency as preperation for 3.0 and am happy to see this post confirms it's relation to the alternatives.
Helpunot
Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:24 am
I got muramasa the other night thanks to 3.0 making combat rogues obsolete for the moment. In any case, I was using tempest of chaos but muramasa with potency (not only looks hella cool on a prot pally) seems to be killing tempest on threat and actual dps. I am getting as high as 1400 DPS vs KJ with me and another prot pally tanking the reflections. He is using the hammer out of Hyjal and is doing at least 300 dps less than I am. I am seeing my melee dmg as #2 off of recount, with white crits as high as 2k.

Since threat and mitigation seem to be non issues with the ez mode raids are now, I think I am going to stick with using muramasa for the dps fun factor. I posted this because it seems on the spreadsheet that muramasa<tempest on dps and threat, but it doesn't seem to look that way in raid at the moment.