Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reckoning Uptime Graphed

Solessa
Tue May 13, 2008 7:08 am

_________________

Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Gowron
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:56 pm
After reading this, I have removed 2 points from SW, and 1 from ImpJ, and I have 3/5 reckoming now.

Last nights tries on Leo, my reckoning procced around 5 times/fight, according to wws. Considering it a 11 min fight, with half of the time, he is not hitting you, the graph looks fairly accurate.

Does that mean, on a normal hitting boss, Reckonig would proc once/minute?

Now I now it scales better, when you are hit more often, the problem I have, is that the extra threat is still on one target, not on all of those hitting you. And unless you have a lot off melee-dps, who also need focus on one target, the extra threat seems a little wasted.

So it seems a little wasted, if you are tanking one boss...
_________________
www.lurge.blogspot.com
MichaelBerea
Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 pm
Thank you for this thread! After reading through it I put points into Reckoning for the first time as a tank. I got 4/5 by robbing Imp Judge and Spell Warding.

So far it seems to increase my threat significantly but I have yet to use it in progression content. Tonight in my guild's first MH run I will be able to really put my new spec to the test.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Medivh&n=Michaelberea
_________________

http://armorylite.com/us/medivh/michaelberea
Gowron
Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:24 am
Two Situations:

A - AoE-tanking (like the MH-packs)
Normally, when I do this, single-target-dps is beating the shit out of the mobs grabbed by the druids/warriors. AoE-casters are making my screen white and red at that moment. If reckoning procs, its increasibg the threat on only the target I am targetting, not everything in my consecration-range. At that moment, I dont care about single-target-threat, so the rsck-procs are a little wasted.

B - Boss-Maintanking (this in maintankadin after all)
You have one target, reckoning 3/5 procs 5% of the hits, which is about once/minute you get 4 extra swings, if you are lucky :p Some of these will miss (most tankadins aint hit/expertise-capped). So the increase in therat is minimal. So again..is it worth 3 points?

>>>ok, one more option
C - AoE-tanking Bosses
The only place where reckoning truly shines is when you are AoE-tanking bosses. Like Attuman/Midnight, Moroes, Karatresh (didn't work last night, to many raid-damage)

My point: Is it worth taking reckoning, because it is a single-target-threat-increase, while you are AoE-tanking.
_________________
www.lurge.blogspot.com
Questioner
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:51 am
One of the biggest parts people miss about reckoning:


DeadlyRabbit
Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:53 am
The proc off any damage was always fun when I leveled my second paly as prot with 5/5 reckoning and had seal of command and could find a fire to stand in.

Threat gen hasn't been a issue for me for awhile, I might put a few points in reckoning for fun but I don't see it as a major improvement overall. I usually don't bother tanking bosses, and my target in trash is second kill which is more then enough time to build threat.

In hyjal consecrate and max rank holy shield is generating a lot of threat for multiple targets and reckoning is only going to effect the primary target which again isn't a threat issue because exorcism can be used on anything I am tanking there.

Being that it is a proc I would want at least 3 points in it to feel better about using it, with 1 point 2% isn't consistent enough for single target procs, same 2 points for 4%, with 3 points and 6% the uptime becomes more useful but to really get use out of it 8% to 10% works best.

I look at this as a overall raid balance, healers get used to how much damage each tank takes during each encounter and adjust their healing accordingly, and dps adjust to how much threat each tank generates to maximize their dps while not pulling aggro. When I look at putting points in reckoning 2-4% proc isn't going to allow the dps adjust their overall damage up because it isn't a consistent increase. With a full 5/5 reckoning it becomes much more consistent and people will be able to do little more damage in some cases. When you look at actual boss fights or harder trash pulls there is going to be more then enough time to build threat because all of those are started with a hunter doing a MD pull for either the boss or first kill target in trash and once you have initial aggro in those situations you don't see DPS pulling aggro unless there is a large gear gap between the tank and dps.

If I was only tanking in 5 mans I would have 5/5 reckoning still but raid tanking made it a lot less viable, although it is fun to have a proc in there so that you can feel like you just got 3 cherries on a slot machine.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Archimonde&n=Deadlyrabbit