Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you aim for hit cap?

aka
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 am
When DPS will score over 60% of my threat, i'll care about hit.

with the addon yelling that you just missed your avenger shield, and so much key to press to generate an insane threat, i'm really not looking at hit as a 'tank stat'.

it comes with some high end gear, that fine, but i'm below 100, and i never had issues with my sustained or burst threat.
_________________
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin
Neokoros
Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm
I have enough health, avoidance and mitigation to tank every encounter in the game. My current goal is to get Hit and Expertise (Hard) capped...


I voted for the first option, though the "must" in all caps was a little much.
_________________
Gaffer
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:16 am
Are people seriously straight ignoring threat? You'll notice that as your raid picks up more and more gear, the TPS output from your DPS increases at a much faster rate than your own threat. Obviously, we're pretty unlikely to really struggle with it outside of a few encounters in current content, but I wouldn't doubt us starting to have to consider it as people start gathering Ulduar gear.

I've recently started assigning a bit more value to hit when evaluating upgrades. Getting above 200 hit is pretty easy to attain but making it to cap is a bit more difficult without making (what I consider) significant sacrifices. Expertise, on the other hand, seems to come in by the handfuls with top-end gear. Anyone else noticing this?
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=Gaffer
Majiben
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:28 am
I fail to see a time in the near future (next tier of raiding) when my dps's output will outstrip my own. Even if there was such a time, str, AP, and BV all provide better TPS gains per ilvl point spent.
_________________