Skip to content
Maintankadin

Effective Wrath Gemming

Nich
Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 am
I'm currently tossing up between filling two red sockets with stam/dodge or stam/str gems.

Less than 0.4% dodge (16/39.35 = .41% dodge, no DR) vs something like 8 BV (thanks for not including rare stam/str gems yet, Blizzard) makes me think dodge is the clear winner.

When they eventually bring out the appropriate ilevel gem, tho', 11 BV makes me think of the EH whore I've become this expansion, and suddenly I can't decide between them.

Confused
_________________
Nephili / Neech / Nishers / Nichelle
Ascendant
Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:03 pm
I only gem red for socket/meta bonus and then it's strength. survivability isn't really an issue, so I opt to up my dps/BV. right now I'm working toward passing 3k dps on patchwerk.

other than that, def/stam or just straight stam if you have the defense.
Adanel
Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 am
JC prismatic on the yellow/red slots that the bonus will give you more stam (12 or 9), 24 stam on everything else.

If you're not confortable with your avoidance try to get bonusses when with a stam/def or stam/dodge gem you'll get stam+dodge+def >= stam over a pure stam gem.

Just my personal preference.
_________________
Adanel lvl 80 BE Paladin@Warsong
Cylan
Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:17 am
I haven't found a post on this, so I figure this would be the most appropriate...

Which meta gem is most appropriate for us tankadins? So many to choose from...
_________________
daemonym
Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:39 am
now that i have gear with a decent amount of gem slots here's what i've been doing:

blue - def/stam combo

red - parry/def combo (don't think the dodge/def is in game yet or i'd use that)

yellow - defense

if socket bonus isn't really special - defense

meta - 21def 5%BV in my arcane shielded helm, if the titansteel helm gets a meta on live, it'll get 32 stam/2% armor. gemming to an item's strength as usual.
_________________
Kelarik
Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:22 pm
+Stam and +Armour, or at least I was before I dropped engineering and picked up a Tempered Titansteel Helm, and will be putting that meta back in when it gets buffed (or I find a better drop to fill the gap between now and then)
_________________
The Path of Light was a simple choice when deciding which academy to join. With proper lighting you can get a good reflection from any body of water. An elf has to keep his hair in check, after all.
Khayne
Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:36 am
I use Austere too, atm i´m not fully at block cap so if that unbocked hit ever goes through, it´ll still allways land on a bit reinforced armor.

I like my stuff to be allways there if possible, so when the BV isn´t now allways there but armor is=>Austere it is.

I´ll run numbers on the BV once i get to block cap, i think my BV will be wildly different there too.
_________________