Its like Ardent Defender, some swear by it, others say it doesn't matter.
However, I can say that at current, I think my gears is a few items short of the best pre-raid gear you can get so 25k unbuffed, 540+def, 47% avoidance give or take (missing some nice shinies
a) In Heroics I don't use holy shield because I want to take more damage
b) Ardent Defender sometimes procs like mad (seen it proc 24 times in 1 fight
c) B might be prevented by not doing A.
Simple fact is, its better to be capped if you can, the exact worth of that block cap is simply in having your worst case scenario bar stun / disorientate / fear / bad positioning / magical attack be better. That is worth exactly what you think it is, some don't value it, others do. Likely, those that like AD, like Block Caps, those that don't value AD don't care because their healers will save them.
_________________
Armoury Link


