econ21 wrote:I am confused - should we be stacking hit now? According to PsiVen's calculations, it is worth only a little more than 1/3 of strength's tps:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... e&p=290130This seems to imply we should just roll with the punches - or rather the misses - and not worry about it. Threat does not seem to a big issue for us and hit does not seem a very efficient way of getting threat anyway.
But then I read a post by PsiVen saying he was looking for +hit gear. And I am also starting to get frustrated by my misses.
What do people think?
After eyeing intro gear, I'm going to end up with 6-7% hit on what gear I'd like to start raiding with. Why? Because the alternatives are so marginal.
Compare a str/stam/def piece (crafteds, anyone?) with a same-ilvl tanking piece that also adds hit rating, of which there are *many* slots. The way the item budgets work, I'm more than fine losing ~5 stam and ~ 5-6 def rating for like 30 hit, which is what it ends up being. It's the same problem with dps plate vs. the dps armor for the "agi classes". More stat options = more total stats on the gear. Spreading it around nets more en toto.
I sandboxed out a starter set and it's something like 25.5k unbuffed hps, 555 defense skill, 7.5% hit, dodge cap expertise (freaking CE+SoV+Mace Spec+eng goggles... it's going to be hard to NOT find more expertise on other pieces), and ~2100 AP. Seemed pretty reasonable on the gear choices to me. Anyone think one of those stats is too low? Maybe hps, but that's unbuffed... looks like buffed that approaches 30k pretty easily. One thing I wish I had more of was actual block value. Seems hard to come by on pre-raid gear.