Skip to content
Maintankadin

Does Spell Hit affect Righteous Defense?

Aalryn
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:43 pm
Let me restate yet again.



There is no ability in the game that simultaneously works off of spell hit and melee hit. It is not a matter of theorycraft and testing. It is a matter of how this game is programmed.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius

Old FFXI signatures are FTW. Miss my hot mithra
Fridmarr
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:49 pm
Locking this thread (as it has spiraled out of control) until I can go back and delete the offending posts.


EDIT: OK, I've cleaned up the thread a bit and I'm unlocking it for further discussion, assuming that discussion stays on topic.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
Fridmarr
Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:03 pm
Well having both melee hit and spell hit affect a skill in TBC would be unique, although there's a thread here about holy shield and those results are certainly interesting.

Anyhow, I don't believe any testing has been done either way. If you are not going to believe that it's not affected by spell hit until you see a test or a blizzard post, then there's not much more to add because I don't think either exist, and vice versa.
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
moduspwnens
Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:15 pm
I could put in a ticket about it, although I doubt a GM would actually answer it.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
lesurk
Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:17 pm
A GM would probably answer but not actually have any idea of the right answer lol.
Argali
Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:29 pm
IIRC, blizz is toying with the idea of combining a lot of stats together e.g. spl dmg and healing, melee hit and spell hit, and instead making it talent based i.e. Your gear gives you +spl dmg if you talent down the dps tree, and bonus healing if you talent down the healing tree.

Which means, plate with +stuff to spells are going to be rolled by both holy and prot pallies XD
_________________
Worldie
Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:52 pm
Not really, unless holy paladins will want +defense/dodge/parry/block instead of +int and +crit
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
lesurk
Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:00 pm
Btw if anyone has a character on Draka and wants to help me test this out pst Lesurk in game. Doesn't have to be a paladin, just someone that can pull aggro from me so I can taunt.
Karock
Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 pm
This whole thread is silly.

Let's give an example that's as close to this as it can be. Judgement of Command and Judgement of Blood both scale off of AP in Wotlk with much the same kind of thing said about them, should we assume because it only says "now judgement of X scales with attack power" that it still scales with spell power as well?

It's counterintuitive (because of the way the battle system in wow is designed) and based off of twisting the meaning of the english used in the patch notes. Sure other things exist in wow that are counterintuitive but assuming it IS counterintuitive because of meaning you think you see in patch notes before testing is dumb.

OP you might well have asked, "has anyone tested to see if spell hit also affects Righteous Defense in addition to melee hit?" and avoided this whole silly thread.

At any rate I'm done, I have no desire to argue with anyone about this.