Skip to content
Maintankadin

(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Mindrak
Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 pm
I was looking over the spreadsheet to determine stat values, and noticed a few interesting potential bugs in the spreadsheet. The SBV column of stats only adds strength, it does not add +Block value from the Weap page.

PsiVen
Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Thanks Mindrak, I had forgotten about SBV since it went unused. I might just take it off the list since as far as I can tell no weapon has ever had the stat. I'll look into getting the stat layout weighted against itemization values, most likely built into a new page in the spreadsheet so that we can fiddle with rotations and not re-derive the formulae.

While it looks in the numbers you gave like SP and weapon DPS are nearly on par, the possibility of HotR having poor uptime and armor reduction being properly modeled could skew that by as much as 33%. Right now it looks like an interesting choice though, if we lack a compelling 3rd glyph the AS one will be more attractive for those who choose the SP weapon route.

As for armor I don't really know where to start. If anyone has experience with melee DPS modeling I'd welcome the assistance, I assume though that armor penetration is a truly terrible stat on the order of Haste with SoV as it does not even affect HotR, so I'm mainly looking for:
- How much armor 80 raid bosses have
- How much armor they have with various combinations of debuffs
- The armor formula for an 83

Jokaa
Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:30 am
Seeing how small difference it actually is in tps between a lvl 70 dps sword and a lvl 70 "tank" sword + the fact that threat doesn't seem to be an issue in 3.0, from what I've heard - I think I'm gonna go with King's Defender or Sun Eater cuz the defense rating is welcome after the patch Smile

Am I crazy?
_________________
Scotthew
Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:31 am
Any changes I need to be aware of for the the spreadsheet in 9038? I didn't see anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something didn't get mentioned on MMO.

Want to buy Rank 1 ShoR at level 70!


Thaco
US-Daggerspine
_________________
Orbitus
Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:25 am
Not sure if something similar has been posted. Embarassed

Level 70 Weapons with 30+ Stamina (or 15+ Stamina w/ Socket available) as wielded by a Human.

Strendarr
Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 am
could someone check akil'zon's talonblade for me?
Kardak
Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:50 am
How do hammer of judgement and kings defender scale? Would think the hammer to be better deu to the difference in instances you need to do to get it.
_________________
Byzant
Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:52 pm
What about the easy-to-get war tanking weaps like Sun Eater and Warbringer.... Am I correct in asuming that slow dps weaps are good aswell?
Majiben
Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:04 pm
Well +12 damage would give slightly more tps +4 to all gives about 9AP (worth about 9 spell damage) and 1 spell damage plus a little avoidance and stamina. +4 to all is worth more now than on live, that's for sure. +3 weapon damage is probally the worst choice for paladins.
_________________
Majiben