Torquemada wrote:Actually, you DON'T want to seal twist in EmpS. You lose too much Holy Power/value by switching to SoI, Judging, and switching back.
Sorry, this is plainly wrong. A normal Protection Paladin rotation is CS-J-X-CS-X-J-CS-X-X... and you just replace one of the fillers with a seal switch. So for a very reasonable cost of missing a HoW or Cons here and there, you get additional haste or additional healing. You do not miss a single point of holy power.
Staying in SoR of course nets the highest DPS with reasonable survivability through higher HP generation (up to 50% haste) and higher SS absorbtion. Yet switching into SoL gives you additional survivability at a very reasonable loss of DPS in that period.
What I normally do is also stay in SoR for max DPS but when things get tight (healer have to move or die, lots of raid damage) I flip to a rotation that focuses on SoL while only swithcing to SoR to keep the haste buff up. ANd this is I believe the real strength of the talent compared to the other options - good DPS and good survivability on demand. Only using one element ist just wasting potential.
That said, I won WuE yesterday and am now at 43% haste with HS so I foresee I will use EmpS less in the future as after 50% the value of haste lessens.