Skip to content
Maintankadin

Healers forgetting you're a tank?

Klepsacovic
Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:08 am
In my defense, using target of target on VR is useful when you have awful DPS that can't avoid orbs. Though I suppose I have bigger problems than healing macros if DPS can't avoid orbs.
Aleriya
Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:21 am
That reminds me of one time when I was tanking VR. Apparently none of the healers expected that I would be able to generate enough threat to beat out our feral druid tanks . . . (Prot warrior was the first tank heh).

Anywho, I tanked him through two knockbacks before I finally kicked the bucket without a single heal other than some stray chain heals . . . I popped trinkets, healthstone, heal pot, LoH, the whole nine yards. Then I got battle rezzed, got aggro back later in the fight, and died again >_<

As the fourth or fifth tank in my guild, I go long streaks where I don't do any tanking. When I finally do tank, the healers take a while to adjust. In the meantime, I die a horrible death and get blamed for not being tough enough. Nevermind that I have more HP and the same avoidance as our top tank. *sigh*
_________________
Annabelle
Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:07 pm
I had this issue last night on the lynx boss in ZA. I go in side by side with a warrior and MT. Few seconds go by I get hot for 9k, I think ouch look at my healthbar and see it unchanged for what seems like an eternity. I did have enough time to think, hmmm, am I gonna get healed, I hope they realize I get hit by a cleave sort of thingie that's shared between the other tank, then another 9k hit and I'm dead. 2nd attempt, the exact same thing happens. I know I can do this as the previous time on this guy I was the OT and lasted til about 20% before getting some quick hard hits. I almost yelled WTF in vent because I didn't get any heals. I did say in a calm voice that nobody healed me because I never saw any green numbers with the healers names ppo over me and none of the healers argued with me Sad
_________________

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Warrender
Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:38 pm
It's a combination of UI laziness and healer apathy. Some healers don't bother setting up frames to show MT's and are used to prioritizing heals to the Warrior and Druid bars.
_________________
MytMowse
Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:54 pm
This (subject to the thread) happens to me all the time. I call it the invisible tank syndrome. We have great healers in our guild but sometimes they don't remember there are two tanks.
_________________
Sabindeus
Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 am
I have the opposite problem. My healers sometimes forget that other people are tanks.

Also, I've had the itchy taunt button issue from Paladins and Druids more than Warriors.

Except in AV. there's ALWAYS some scrub in Nexus-Guard Pauldrons who taunts Drek.
_________________