Gamingdevil
Sun May 24, 2009 7:57 pm
Re: Blood Draining Enchant - TTL Simulation
It was about blood draining...

Kaienn wrote:One would assume that it is possible it was restoring to much health, maybe altering the data you gained for this enchant. Even if it was too little, I think another round of testing for this enchant is due.
Zothor wrote:Now apparantly blood draining was hotfixed over the weekend, causing it to restore the appropriate amount of health. No indication as to whether it was restoring too much or too little before, or what the tweak was.
Any chance of re-running these numbers?
Zothor wrote:So I switched back to goose after the simulation showed that there's definitely a range where blood draining can cause you to get killed, something I just wasn't comfortable with even with improved average TTL.
Awyndel wrote:Well, that is of course, entirely correct thinking. I however wonder, if you substract the bad from the good, if whats left over, is gonna beat 26 agility for chances of survival while fighting a hard hitting boss. And like you said, without any real numbers there isn't really a sensible answer.
Majiben wrote:Theck I could have swore TTL was the expected time to live taking simulated damage and avoidance then looking at the average/median time to live.
Ciderhelm wrote:Effective Health is the measurement of how much breathing room your healers have to keep you alive assuming all other factors fail -- assuming you do not avoid or block attacks or have a mana shield active. Effective Health is important for tanking heavy hitting creatures because of Murphy's Law -- if you can have long strings of not Dodging an attack, it will definitely happen. Raid tanking, ultimately, is about stability.
Satrina wrote:Time to Live - Also called survivability. Your hitpoints and mitigation from armour combined will allow you to stay alive for a certain length of time under a given rate of damage incoming. If I have 10000 armour and 10000 hitpoints, and my opponent is level 70 and deals 200 damage per second (DPS) then:
- I have 48.6% mitigation, as above
- My mitigation means that my opponent actually is doing 102.7 damage per second to me
- My 10000 hitpoints will last for 97.4 seconds at that rate. This is my time to live
As we see, my armour and hitpoints combine together to determine how much damage I am taking, and how long I will live. We note that armour matters only for physical damage. Armour does not do anything against a fireball - that's why we have resist gear.
theckhd wrote:I think there's a term for what you're describing, but I don't remember what it is at this point.
tankspot calc wrote:Total Damage Reduction (TDR) is a function of Avoidance and Armor. Total Damage Reduction does not account for Shield Block Value, Shield Block Rating, Crushing Blows, debuffs (Thunderclap, Demoralizing Shout). Avoidance is not adjusted for level difference.
Rasmfrackn wrote:I guess I haven't seen a widespread term for the total, all-inclusive value of all your defenses combined into one number.
Amaranthea wrote:Rasmfrackn wrote:I guess I haven't seen a widespread term for the total, all-inclusive value of all your defenses combined into one number.
Tankpoints?
Although "average TTL" also makes sense.