Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you aim for hit cap?

Frickit
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:01 am
DPSers have pretty much forgotten how to wait for tanks to generate threat on all targets. There can literally be 10 fresh mobs running toward the raid and people start opening up immediately. That means, if you dont throw everything you have at them without missing, someone is going to die....unfortunately that makes you look bad, not them....sustained threat is a nonissue either way.
_________________
Majiben
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:05 am
I don't know about you but having a dps die because they couldn't wait 2 seconds is the dps's damn fault and they are the ones explaining why they should deserve a BR.
_________________
Jellypop
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:52 pm
as some others have said, DPSers really don't focus now and just go pew pew as soon as the mob is in range.

I see aoe pre-casted before i pull.. it's that sad
_________________
Mishakal
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:01 pm
I take tank gear, if it has hit on it and is the best piece I use it.

If it gets replaced I do however keep the piece with hit on in the bank ... never know when you may need it. (Its kept until a new slot piece with HIT comes along or the new slot piece is too good for me ever to go back)
_________________
loladine
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:06 pm
hit who cares ;/

on single targets i do enough threat anyway n im not really gonna get a chain of misses since most tank gear gives you a fair amount of hit

on multiple targets well if the dps'rs dont want to wait a second then they can have agro for a second n if they happen to die too bad for them cause ive got to do some crits on that target on front of me wit my shield!

Whats a hit cap?

Not a prot palas problem thats what
Olen
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 pm
I always choose mitigation and avoidance over hit or expertise. Every time.
I believe hit and expertise exist on tank pieces solely to bring up their ilevel.

-O
_________________
gmf1
Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:49 am
I believe gearing for threat in any way is wrong, if i comes so be it. Im at 134 hit 41 exp (with glyph) and i never loose agro even hold my own againt our druid tank Smile
_________________
sunstrike
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 pm
I see the warriors struggling with threat and always talking about needing more hit and it just makes me that much happier to be a pally. 3rd option, who really needs to seek out hit? Just take what you get and you are just fine. Even more so with expertise.

Until dps becomes so crazy that keeping aggro over them is way harder just focus on mitigation and stam. I have to hold back when OT'ing and turn off my righteous or I will pull of the MT and it's not that he is doing anything wrong. We are just great at threat.

I'm sure things will change a little but for now why worry.
_________________
Jellypop
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:28 pm
honestly, hit is underrated when you want to pick things up, some one pulled adds and your AS missed = more deaths.

sure it's the idiot hunter's fault for moving ahead, but...they'll just blame your shield miss.
_________________