Skip to content
Maintankadin

WOTLK Ideal professions

roosevelt
Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:53 am
I just dropped mining for BS after stocking up mats from leveling mining on my DK.

I really like JC/BS because its very flexible and off spec friendly.

I look forward to using JC gems with BS sockets to further specialize items for specific gear sets. This IMO along with the prismatic quality of JC gems will keep JC competitive.
Neroth
Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:03 am
I'm currently Ench/BS and I'm fighting the urge to drop enchanting for JC. The only thing stopping me right now is the money I've wasted getting enchanting to 432 on him and the contant supply of enchanting mats for my gear upgrades.

On the other hand... a JC/BS combo just has so much versatility built into it that its hard for me to resist. This holds especially true when you consider dual specs and the ability to customize a tanking set/ret pve/ret pvp/ and even a healing set as a JC/BS.

I'll definitely keep enchanting while I'm gearing up in Naxx and until the dual spec patch is released.... but its going to be hard for me to resist that profession combo forever.
Maat
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm
JC is overpowered because I don't have to make any sacrifices gemming for my meta or socket bonuses with dragon's eyes.

I could live without Blacksmithing sub, all the other choices seem pretty similar aside from the obvious synergy between extra sockets and JC.
Lowgrus
Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:43 am
WTB more enchanter only things.... for realz.
_________________
Lousiana
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:19 am
Mining/JC at the moment. With 3.0.8 there is no other combo that beats it Stam wise.

But for the future sake I already have the mats to drop mining and level BS instantly.
aka
Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:27 am
mining/BS... I could drop mining for JC (awesome sta trinket plus gems...)

but it doesn't really worth it atm.

I'll wait to see how things are going with ulduar, and then, may be i'll drop Mining. By then, I should also have at least a 80 miner reroll Very Happy
_________________
Akadurgrim (Ysondre EU) <Wild>
Tankadin/healadin/retadin