Skip to content
Maintankadin

Northrend weapon enchant

Prope
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:53 am
They should un-nerf crusader, for some reason i always loved that enchant, even back when i was a puny mage, I wished i had some use for it.

I would take that enchant in a heart-beat even though it's basen on a proc.
_________________
Buffy
Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 pm
I think Potency is still the best choice for Protadins, even over Sup Potency.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but don't we benefit more from raw STR than Atk Power? I mean, STR not only gives us Atk Power, but also Spell Dmg, and Block, which directly affects SoR.

I guess it's a toss up between Potency and 26 Agi, depending on what stats you're in greater need of. Embarassed
_________________

Armory
Elexis
Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:17 am
I go with agility since I skill up enchanting on it Smile

Nah but honestly threat is so easy these days that I don't see the need for threat enchants.
amh
Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 am
I think he means that 26 agility is less than 0,5% dodge, even before diminishing returns.
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Anubelle
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 am
0.5% is what my RatingsBuster addon says +26 agility gives.

According to this thread Paladins need ~52 agility points per 1% dodge, so my addon doesn't seem to be wrong.
_________________
amh
Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:08 am
Then /shrug, dunno :) .5% dodge seems very tempting at current dps vs tank threat-levels.
_________________
Kieras <- armory
Buffy
Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:09 am
In that case, wouldn't Mongoose be better than 26 agi? It procs quite often. And equates to ~2.5% dodge? It also increases attack speed which means faster seal applications.
_________________

Armory
Anubelle
Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:49 am
Procs = Hate, but that's obviously a personal preference.
_________________
Fedaykin98
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:01 pm
I, too, hate procs. My Suneater was (is) enchanted with AGI rather than Mongoose for the rare BC max avoidance phase. I'd love to see some actual logs showing the number of times that Mongoose saved someone, because it's just as likely to fire off when you are at max health. Even when it saves you, the question you need to ask is whether you would have gotten that low in the first place if you'd taken AGI.

In any case, I'm rolling with King's Defender with Potency for the present time. Love that I ditched my ugly S2 Gavel for a cool sword, love doing actual damage to single targets, happy post-3.0 Tankadin in general. Smile
_________________
Monteverdi
Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:29 am
For the time being, until enchanting mats go down in price, I'm using a Titanium weapon chain (50% disarm duration reduction, 28 hit) on my Red Sword of Courage. I have no need for any extra threat, since I'm always so ridiculously ahead in threat that it doesn't matter. I'd like to find a good enchant for mitigation, but atm all I'm seeing is Potency, Mongoose, and Agi, all of which are less than desirable to me at this time.

I've heard some people say Accuracy, for the hit (25 hit, 25 crit if I remember right), so I figured the titanium weapon chain was a good alternative, for now. (plus, I can make it and I had the mats lying around)
_________________
Ravel
Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:08 am
I'd go with +str, you gain AP, block from STR. Increasing threat, decreasing damage taken.