Where did you come up with your assumed percentages? 20% seems a little high to me, let alone 25 or 30%. Looking at the WWS from our guild's last sartharion run, his normal swings when unblocked were averaging around 7.5k on our 24k unbuffed armor tank.
Block values for starting raiding are generally around 1k. That's about 13%. The only way you're going to get near 30% is if you're VASTLY overgeared for the encounter in armor and BV, in which case who cares.
I've haven't seen hardly any block % gear, and I really don't think you need to look for it much, you're better off just gearing similar to the way warriors do. I think that was blizz's intention, to make less gear better for more people. If along the way you hit the block cap, great, but the only really important cap is the defense one.
Kurtov
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:58 am

