Skip to content
Maintankadin

SoR vs SoV

QuantumDelta
Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:00 am
When seal swapping my rotation is a complicated FFA one loosely based around:

SoR
Pull
JoR
SoV
Consecration

'til 5 stacks unless it's disagreeing with me when I drop to SoR early whilst trying to maintain stacks anyway (so seal swapping whilst at 3 stacks or whatever..).

At 5 stacks I maintain it with a lot of variation on:
SoV
JoV(R)
SoR
SoR
SoV
JoV(R)
SoR
SoR
SoV


This tends to minimise chances of it falling off AND gives me time to adapt if it's in danger of doing so (it also adds about 17 TPS from power gains and is very mana intensive).
If SoV doesn't refresh on the swing prior to the judgement I reseal SoV and drop an SoR swing.
a 1.8 speed mace is not ideal for this due to timing becoming a problem later in the rotation, you need to either math it out and macro it, or deal with it on the fly (-> my way is to add an extra SoV swing in on occasion unless the stack just refreshed and then it's an extra SoR - sorts it right out though you lose .6? I think seconds on the Judgement, that happens naturally unless you're using a re-seal macro to make 100% sure you don't lose a sealed swing).

SoV is the highest priority spell in your rotation and comes in above Holy Shield and Consecration unless Holy Shield is _REALLY_ needed (Illidan/bosses that'll seriously wound you if they crush).
I don't advise seal swapping on Illidan as it isn't needed nor really beneficial (due to all the phase changes) though.

Cosnec and HS fit nicely into the 'dual swings' gap.
You want to try to keep their uptime as high as possible and if needs be you can drop SoR re-seals for their timers depending on your spell damage (and libram choice) and still come out at higher TPS.

It's ridiculously hard to put it into a simple rotation though so honestly beyond that basic seal rota I don't have a set one - like I said, complicated ;P
_________________
Woe
Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:15 pm
thx QD. i'll try it again. my sov stack has been dropping off too often to get viable threat out of swapping seals. i've been using a similar rotation, but swap from SoR to SoV after half of the stack was expired. not sure why but i'd say it was 50/50 whether the stack would refresh (which was both a pain and a hit to threat).

i assume you use the BT libram and not the heroic libram when doing this? Smile
QuantumDelta
Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:07 pm
Depends on what other gear I have on.. if I'm wearing a lot of SD gear, have a ret pally in the raid and oil/woa I use the heroic +SoR/JoR dmg libram and judge JoR cuz it's more TPS... it's not often I get that though so most of the time yea -shahraz libram.
_________________