Skip to content
Maintankadin

(3.0.3.9183) WotLK TPS Weapons Spreadsheet

Mutley
Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:54 am
Last time I checked it was. Smile
_________________
Mutley, Ace
Vek'nilash EU
jcamper1337
Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:04 am
for raid tanking. I also have a brutlizer but i dont see that on the charts at all.

I aoe tank hyijal and BT as well as sometimes single tank bosses

So i guess i should just enchant the Rising Tide and the Hammer of Judgment with 20 str and use them in different spots or is the Rising tide gonna own the Hammer no matter where I use it once 3.0 goes live

sorry for asking about stuff but the original post is still fuzzy to me it might be because i suck at math or it might just be im being stupid
_________________
PsiVen
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 am
It seems like that should be the case, but HoJ never catches up to Rising Tide even at an arbitrary number of AoE targets. That doesn't sound right, so I'll have to review the formulae later.

The Brutalizer: 3457.8 (.3 above S2 Gavel)
Cleaver of the Unforgiving: 3453.3
The Unbreakable Will: 3447.2
The Unbreakable Will + Human Racial: 3467.9 (1.3 behind HoJ/Syphon)

Brutalizer and Cleaver aren't really the best choices IMO, unless you need +defense badly. If you have TUW though it holds up quite well, especially if you happen to be a filthy Human.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
KysenMurrin
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:48 am
I'm still not sure on the maths involved in this stuff, but if I read the spreadsheets right I think I'm going to grind some honor before 3.0 for the Merciless Gladiator's Pummeler. I don't have access to the raid drops appearing on these charts, and with the Dwarf racial bonus for maces (assuming I didn't mess up using the spreadsheet) it comes out ahead of the Slicer. I figure it should serve me well until the expansion, at least; once I'm levelling in WotLK I'll start looking at tanking weapons.
_________________
Gamingdevil
Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:13 am
Keep in mind that you lose at least 20 defense going to 3.0 I lost 27 myself.
According to your current armory, you will need the defense.
_________________
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
jcamper1337
Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:45 am
when i was on the ptr earyler today it showed me at 502 defense which is still uncritable. that was with no weapon

i have also gotten 2 new items since the prt copy of my char.

bracers of Nejustis
and finally the damn za tanking shield
_________________
Tats
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:47 am
psiven, what gems did you use when calculating the cleaver?

thanks.
Ikü
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:47 am

TANK WEAPONS

So ...... I've been using brutalizer on the PTR without any issues.

Is this wrong?

It doesnt seem like their would be a drastic difference in tps plus we get tank stats.

Am I wrong here someone help me out plz
_________________
ninjatrigger
Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:21 pm
I have been *trying* to keep up with the info on threat weapons in 3.0, and so far, from what I know, pally tanks can make good use of both "warrior" tanking weapons and spell damage weapons as the threat difference is too small to make a difference and we might as well take weapons that help with other stats such as stam. is this true?