Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Jasari
Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:09 pm

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

badgermonkey wrote:
Varmin wrote:
badgermonkey wrote:Because charity epics are the norm, and every little 12 year old and whatever other retards exist want to be able to down every content. You maybe have seen the progression to this since TBC was released (I remember working my ass off for each individual purple in vanilla!).

Nerfing raid bosses barely a week after introducing them, where most guilds haven't even REACHED them yet, makes me a sad panda.


I think the point is that most guilds haven't reached them yet.
They want most guilds to be able to kill Yogg. They want the hard modes to be the challenging parts.



Yeah, but it's been what... 1 or 2 weeks? When they first released Naxx, I don't remember everyone powering through it in that time.

Content should take time to work through. I reckon we'll see more nerfs to raid bosses before Summer comes.


I remember everyone powering through naxx in 1-2 weeks (after hitting 80). No one in my guild had seen in at 60 and after 3 total nights in the place, over the course of 2 weeks, we had it cleared.
Majiben
Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

You're including leveling time in your naxx times. But even on my fairly backwater server it was cleared in two weeks.
badgermonkey
Fri May 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

I'm talking about real Naxx - When it was released all those years ago, out in the plaguelands.
Jasari
Fri May 01, 2009 11:42 am

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

badgermonkey wrote:I'm talking about real Naxx - When it was released all those years ago, out in the plaguelands.


Their entire design philosophy has changed since then. Hard modes are the real tests now. You also probably don't remember too many Paladins tanking in Naxxs 40.
badgermonkey
Fri May 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Jasari wrote:
badgermonkey wrote:I'm talking about real Naxx - When it was released all those years ago, out in the plaguelands.


Their entire design philosophy has changed since then. Hard modes are the real tests now. You also probably don't remember too many Paladins tanking in Naxxs 40.



Well there as this one time when all our tanks died...

Wait no, a Rogue took over >.>
toothdecaykills
Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

badgermonkey wrote:
Jasari wrote:
badgermonkey wrote:I'm talking about real Naxx - When it was released all those years ago, out in the plaguelands.


Their entire design philosophy has changed since then. Hard modes are the real tests now. You also probably don't remember too many Paladins tanking in Naxxs 40.



Well there as this one time when all our tanks died...

Wait no, a Rogue took over >.>


Man I used to roll with full Deathbone.
Taudark
Sun May 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

badgermonkey wrote:I'm talking about real Naxx - When it was released all those years ago, out in the plaguelands.



You have to think about the fact that like every other raid instance in original wow, it had many cockblocks.
gibborim
Fri May 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Taudark wrote:You have to think about the fact that like every other raid instance in original wow, it had many cockblocks.


WTB 6 week resistance gear grind to down a single boss.
Panzerdin
Wed May 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: 3.1 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

8 4-piece T3 (T2? T2.5?) tanks?
Knaughty
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:20 am

Re: 3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

First draft of update for 3.2

Decided not to duplicate this time round.
Parium
Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: 3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Has anyone looked at the Agility vs Dodge gem hybrids? I heard and read about the nerfs, but I'm not really good enough yet to fully understand the complete effects of such nerfs. right now I'm using agility/stam gems, but I'm gathering that this probably will not be my case in 3.2. Is the nerf truely that severe?
Braundo
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: 3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Agility and Dodge were nerfed by the same percentage, so as far as I know the relative value of an Agi/Stam gem vs. a Dodge/Stam gem should not be changing at all.
Majiben
Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: 3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Braundo wrote:Agility and Dodge were nerfed by the same percentage, so as far as I know the relative value of an Agi/Stam gem vs. a Dodge/Stam gem should not be changing at all.
Actually agility is likely to become more valuable than dodge for gemming, since it will take 12-13% more of both dodge and agility to gain the same amount of avoidance in 3.2 as now and the armor returns off of agility are static. Now there is the reduction in DR to dodge from lower overall dodge to consider as well but given that the dodge from defense is not changing, the reduction in accumulated Dodge DR is not likely to be enough to cause the difference in avoidance from dodge and agility to be smaller in 3.2 than for most people on live.
Braundo
Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: 3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Majiben wrote:Actually agility is likely to become more valuable than dodge for gemming, since it will take 12-13% more of both dodge and agility to gain the same amount of avoidance in 3.2 as now and the armor returns off of agility are static.

Good point! The same is true for the Crit too, I would assume.
Rainge
Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: 3.2 Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

I don't recall seeing this answered yet, but how much will the new SoV extra damage proc change the value of hit and expertise for us?

/edit: Nevermind. Just noticed that Theck's thread is updated for 3.2.