degre
Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:00 am
Re: Theck's Simcraft Thread - WoD/6.x
Thanks for the explanation.





















Finkum wrote:If I'm interpreting those stat scale graphs correctly, at some breakpoints increasing haste actually negatively effects your survivability (positive slope on the graph). Could this be due to HPG push-back (as your ability cooldowns become shorter with haste, you will face decisions like wait 0.2sec for a HPG, or use Cons right away and delay the HPG until your next GCD)? I thought that this was only an issue at extreme (>50%) levels of haste, but I can't see how else Haste could make you less survivable.
Edit: Wait this can't be the cause or else we should expect similar breakpoints regardless of EF or SS, which is clearly not true (I suppose SS does cost a GCD to refresh, unlike EF, but given the stochastic nature of AS+ procs you won't be refreshing it at the same points in each simulation).
Edit the second: Hmm looking closely at the SS graph there is a decrease in haste's value at around the same point, but it's tiny compared to the EF graph; the slope just becomes a bit less negative, it never actually becomes positive as it does for EF.
Taikishi wrote:So that I can confirm I'm understanding correctly, then, because I think what was throwing me off was the deltas but a quick glance at https://code.google.com/p/simulationcra ... atsScaling made it click:
0 is our current haste/mastery/crit ratings. The deltas below are how much rating we gain/lose in that particular stat and how much it affects how likely we are to take damage spikes. The steepness I understood, it was how you concluded 43-46% was the ideal range for haste but now I think I understand. :D
This right? :)
theckhd wrote:...of course, it doesn't explain why we're getting such a large dip there in the first place, but *shrug*. My first guess would be EF/SS breakpoints, but I wouldn't expect those to be such a significant factor anymore. It could also just be that haste's value increases dramatically between 40% and 50% because of multiplicative effects like Divine Purpose. If I find time I'll investigate that further to try and figure out what's actually happening in that region.
Schroom wrote:Note that Shining Protector cannot crit (at least, as of my last tests), which is another factor in Multistrike's low valuation.
:o nice to know, that's a shame.
theckhd wrote:Fundus wrote:theckhd wrote:Stack enough of your attunement stat - say haste - and crit and mastery will eclipse it just because of the multiplicative nature.
So perhaps this is a silly question, but could this also be part of what's happening with haste being ranked so poorly? The default gear set is fully enchanted for haste, totaling 1433 haste from gear/enchants. That's compared to 220 versatility, 622 multistrike, 666 crit, and 758 mastery. In addition we're using a weapon enchant that procs 1000 addition haste (declining by 100 haste every 2 seconds for 20 seconds). If we used a gear set that more emphasized mastery/versatility, since those tend to be the top 2 stats, how greatly would that affect stat weights?
Yes, it's entirely possible that it's partly due to the default gear setup. Or rather, I think that's exacerbating the problem. I still think that haste is going to be weaker than intended due to the swath of nerfs to different mechanics that caused haste to be strong in MoP in the first place. But stacking lots of it would obviously devalue it further. One of the sets of trials I want to run (if nobody beats me to it) is trying a few different gear sets (heavy mastery, heavy multistrike, etc.) to see how the stat weights vary. Unfortunately, stat weights are very time intensive, so I'd probably have to settle for running it on a very limited talent spread (i.e. maybe just SS_SW_HolyS for example).
Finkum wrote:Random hypothesis: if the boss in your sims has some sort of big nuke on a specific timer, which if in combination with a melee would spike the tank low, then at specific haste thresholds you would have a EF tick/SS bubble that falls between the nuke and the melee. Outside of those thresholds you don't get the heal in-between and so the tank spikes lower, which gives you a larger TMI value. (Although I seem to remember you addressed something like this problem a while back by adding a random delay to the boss's swing timer?)
Thels wrote:What about a single balanced set that includes almost even amount of rating from all six secondaries? It might be more representative of how we'll be gearing up initially, grabbing whatever we get, and which direction we should take from there.


Celestalon wrote:As you may have noticed, we don't patch note damage/healing tuning number changes. Normally, datamining catches most of these changes, so theorycrafters know when to retest things. They only are able to do this when we make new builds. However, we've hotfixed some more tuning changes in, since the last beta build. The client should reflect these changes in tooltips, however datamining likely will not. As such, I'm providing that info here. Once we go live tomorrow, we'll use the normal hotfix blog for this sort of thing.
Paladin
Avenger’s Shield damage increased by 5%.
Consecration damage increased by 5%.
Holy Wrath damage increased by 5%.
Shield of the Righteous damage increased by 5%.
Haste HPG/s CS J GC AS Cons HW HoW LH
0 0.57 141.34 95.40 17.18 49.9 54.9 35.8 15.3 7.8
50 0.60 148.55 100.41 17.19 49.3 54.8 34.2 15.5 7.7
60 0.60 148.68 100.36 17.21 49.3 54.8 34.2 15.5 7.7
65 0.59 145.10 98.00 17.19 50.9 54.1 37.3 15.4 7.7
70 0.59 145.13 98.02 17.23 50.9 54.1 37.3 15.4 7.7




