Skip to content
Maintankadin

How to Use Seal of Blood Effectively

Tybalt
Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:58 pm
Glad to see some good discussion on the topic here!

As another option, what if we changed Sacred Duty like this:

Increases base health by 600/1200 HP, and reduces the amount of damage Divine Shield/Divine Protection absorbs from "immune" to 90%/80% for the duration of the spell.

This gives Paladins the increase in HP to compare with warrior MTs, and reduces the effectiveness of "the bubble" as a trade off. Not only that, but it makes DS an extra "oh sh*t" button as well. Of course, the 5 minute cooldown may have to be extended a bit to keep it from being overpowered.

Thoughts?

-Ty
_________________


ProtPally: The Other Main Tank - http://protpally.blogspot.com/
Brighid
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:26 am
I agree with the logic of differences in tanking mechanics. As much as I'd like to be a warrior with holy damage... I wouldn't.

What if, since no one's really pleased with ardent defender anyway it seems, it were changed to scale. Something like, for every 1% of your health missing, the damage reduction of righteous fury is increased by .5%

Or maybe just skip the righteous fury part (tried to balance for those who enjoy pvp, making the reduction purgeable) and change it to just be, for every percent of your life missing, damage taken is reduced by .33-.5%

Even though I've survived a few endgame encounters by 35% of my life, I've yet to even tank an encounter like gruul, where mobs can hit for 10k. This seems more reasonable.
Lore
Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:39 am
Personally, I don't think the HP gap is an issue that needs to be fixed. Ardent Defender, once you have a healthy amount of hit points, does more than make up for the ~1200 HP we don't have. Hell, I survived tanking Whirlwind (the axe on the Kael'Thas encounter) for over 30 seconds last night with 0 heals outside of my healthstone and health potion by keeping myself under 35%.
_________________
Me, LOL!
70 Belfadin, <Months Behind>, US-Eredar
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Lore
Lowgrus
Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:24 am
Wow ATM I'm only at 12k hp unbuffed and I'm like damn how are these guys getitng all this HP. But I suppose fully buffed I'm at 16-17K. However one thing I've also noticed is that my gear offers me a lot of mitigation plus argent defender. I tanked prince better than the warrior with 16k hp. Its not all about HP. However I do have one question I have a trinket slot open and I can put madness there just for the 51 stamina would just have to spend like a k of gold but to me if its an upgrade then its worth it. Now that would give me a good 600 more hp but I would lose out on my auto blocker or my lucky pocket watch. I mean basically I'm asking more mitigation or more HP. Its going to get better. Like I would love that flipping shield off of gruul. And I want this ncie belt from kara still. All with 12 stamninca gems in em. But yeah I agree itd be nice to have more HP and ppl would also look at us different but we make up for it in so many ways.