Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why you hate your 375 Smithing

Shamroth
Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:46 am
More like 375 Armoursmithing.... what a farking waste of countless hours Armoursmithing was back when I got it pre-TBC. And to think everyone said it sucked and I believed in Blizzard to add some truly unique and good BOP tank armour. (What can I say it makes sense to me for a tank to be an armoursmith)

And what we get is gimped and semi-useful and is nowhere near as good on pur tank terms as the frickin Tankatronic goggles in ENGINEERING??

WTF Blizzard? Evil or Very Mad

IMO, the measure of a profession's worth if you are an end game raider is in the applicability of it's BOP's.

Even the BOP BS recipes that drop in SSC, I've been passing on in favour of frickin badge loot.
_________________
Lorath
Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:34 am
Nothing I've seen in this game sofar equals the meaninglessness of Armorsmithing. It's unbelieveable how worthless it is.
Armor Effing Smith.
I find it amusing to the brink of madness that leatherworkers make mail armor and engineers make plate armor even better than anything we can make. It's understandable of course how these professions could make such items... doesn't make one iota of difference tho, just more salt in the wounds.

With somber nostalgia one recalls the countless hours lost on that shit. I tossed AS (lol, pun) to hell and went JC, never looked back.
_________________
Lorath, Human 70 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.thefallenorder.com
Ana
Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:40 pm
Haha... I started out with blacksmithing, got to about 120 skill level, and realized then thta I was wasting mad amounts of mats, so I dropped and went engineering, love it! Besides my guild doesn't have an engineer at all, and its nice to be the only one.
_________________
Xandin
Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:38 am
I had smithing since I created Xandin back at original release. Was going to drop it at TBC but I realized how good the 2h weapons were if one was able to get mats. So I kept it, swung my stormherald around a while, and as soon as I managed to grab a Torch of the Damned, I unlearned that POS profession, powerlevelled jewelcrafting, and have been making a cool 200-300g a day with about 40 minutes worth of mining. Can't believe I was missing out on this kind of easy money all this time. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Xandin of Aggramar US Armory
Maejara
Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:32 pm
Leveled up with BS/Mining, dropped mining for Engineering and yesterday dropped BS for Enchanting. I was an Armorsmith until i got Bulwark of the Ancient Kings, dropped Armorsmith for Hammersmith an got myself my tiny lil Stormherald..

Given the fact that i hardly do any PvP, I decided to dropp BS for 12 Spelldmg enchants

From now on, Stormherald will rot in my bank and I'll have to use Gorehowl for my very rare retribution off nights....
_________________
Brute
Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:27 am
I'm going to make a Thunder and play around in PVP some. With that and the boots, i'm FINALLY glad I kept BS'ing; now I won't have to grind 27k honor on my pally for a decent 2h weapon; just 20 primal airs Shocked

That shouldn't take quite as long, and I can actually buy them off the AH if I get tired of farming. Can't buy honor Crying or Very sad
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Brute]
Arcand
Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:35 pm
Did anyone else have a stroke when they added not five, not ten, not twenty, but zero tankadin pieces to blacksmithing...

...and then gave engineers a way to upgrade their tier 6.2 goggles to tier 6.7?



Mad
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - 11/11 Kara, 4/6 Zul'Aman
Russia tanked the nazis while the allies DPSed.
Gratus
Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:48 am
Honeslty I hate you Blizzard.... if I have to sit and craft another shitty blue piece for my guild alts while they run around with 300 skills that totally own my BS I am going to cry



I hate 2.4.... and I hate engineers... ALL OF YOU!!! (extreme jealousy)
_________________
Sadness - 70 - Shu'halo
375 Smithing
375 Mining
UDCaptainHook
Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:24 am
I'm waiting for the WotLK expansion to bring something cool, new, and more than worthwile to Blacksmithing. Like, the next level up for Stormherald and Bulwark so crafted itms are once again the best available of their type, as they should be. I went BS (armorsmithing) because I was Ret from day one and Bulwark of Ancient Kings looked Amazing. Best DPS chest piece in the game at the time? Great, now I could just pvp on a scrub team for 6-7 weeks and get one just as good.

Definately wishing I was a weaponsmith instead, but I'll be damned if I change that now. I leveled a lock instead, solely to have a jewel crafter to go with my mining. Now my paladin mines, while my lock just prospects/cuts gems and sells them.

JC is the most profitable profession in the game? I sure thing so. I leveled it almost entirely free.

I definately do not regret mining on the paladin though. With Crusdaer aura and epic flyer, I can pat around all the best mining spots in outlands in no time at all.
Neuron
Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:56 am
im thinking about dropping it for enchanting or jewelcrafting. better gems or ring enchants give you better stats, which are always with you in 100% of your encounters and effectively are the best for maximizing your toon for encounters. i initially had herbalism then wanted boots of the protector, which i ended up replacing with the BT upgrade an entire two weeks later, and totally regret it. not to mention the 500 gold and two weekends i spent leveling it up.
_________________