Skip to content
Maintankadin

Removal of crushing blows - Warriors smile...

2ndNin
Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:19 am
To be honest his reply doesn't sound that bad actually, he is saying that crushing blows being random is bad, ie: that losing to a crush when you did everything right is a bad thing, meaning that perhaps they are planning on looking at the issues with it:

Our holy shield for example, its basically a random crush generator based on lag, warriors go into fights knowing that if > 4 attacks in 10s they run the risk of being crushed, however it may be that smaller attacks (pound from vr?) or attacks that cannot crush won't eat a shield charge or something such that you are then relying on timing and skill to actually prevent crushes barring your class mechanics (so warriors are crushable in fast fights).
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
kalbear
Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:11 pm
Easiest solution is to just make HS not take a GCD and make it have a 10 second cooldown with an 11 second duration.

There ya go, problem solved, no more lag idiocy unless the lag is over a second.
2ndNin
Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:11 am
Crushing blows as a mechanic are rather severe, but thats the beauty of them, do you generate more threat (rage / mana usage) or do you stay uncrushable? Fights like the prince are interesting because of both the crush mechanic and the attacks like flurry (watching someone get crushed 5 times in a row is hilarious to watch Very Happy, especially when its for < 600 each time Very Happy.

With the deathknight I can see them needing to change this, as Druids already fill the high armour tank role, so a warrior type armour class vs crushing blows would basically harm the deathknight class as it would have a minimal role to play unless it has some major special abilities that allow it to negate crushes or similar. This is of course unless its designed as sothing like an elemental tank, which would basically be immune to your blocks anyway making your shield useless other than as extra armour / slots.
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
Beltaine
Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:35 am
Thankfully, I've already begun my Healing gear collection. If Blizz borks the pally tanks with DK's or Druids, or whatever, I can still heal.

Will be 9 million Deathknight LF Healers soon enough.
_________________
2ndNin
Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:48 am
Very Happy My off healing set is basically full epic with +1582 healing and not fully enchanted, so I am in that position as well, but if it happens I am going ret, so I can smashy smashy stuff still (I love being top on the damage meters as the tank Very Happy)
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria
2ndNin
Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:31 am
Of this I am aware, however most of the crushes I see tend to be over a 10s mark due to 2.0s ish swing timers. However 4 attacks in 10s is fairly dealable with as parries and avoidance should average out fairly well across this as a rough estimate (not that I would want to rely on this of course for a fight where it mattered). The 10s pattern I mean is something like

--- Cast
2: Mob strikes
4: Mob strikes
--- Recast
6: Mob strikes
8: Mob strikes
10: Mob crushes you

Of course parries and stuff really do hurt here and fast attackers, but for most slow stuff in the 2.0 range it seems to be the 10s rotation that really hurts warriors rather than the individual 2/5s. Mind you I have seen some interesting grim reaper results.
_________________
Ahh, but you have heard of me.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria