Skip to content
Maintankadin

Not tanking - how to maximize dps?

Penny
Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:48 am
To add to this:

1. I can make the axe, and now that I have read this forum, i am going to make one for myself.

2. What enchant to put on it?
_________________
--
Pennydragon - Tankadin - 70 - Llane
--
Entrig
Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:22 pm
Okay going to beat a dead horse here, but is there a way we can maybe get people who even know someone who can craft this to post on here, I have the mats, and am even willing to make a lowbie toon, do a server transfer get it made, make anothyer lowbie and transfer back to get this. Sounds insane, but my server is a bit in the backwater so desparate times call for desparate measures.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:54 pm
The counterweight is the best possible enchant at the moment since the procrate is on % and not ppm.
_________________

Blutreich
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:35 am
if you are going to go the nightfall method why not JoW SoR while stacking spelldamage, also i concur with the iron counterweight idea, sure it is a dime store enchant but wth it actually is nice here. or even if you already got a JoW then JotC and score some more respectable dps, sure you aren't going to be able to beat the top dpser but you might get some impressive dps for prot.
_________________

Maranus
Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm
Would mongoose yield a better average attack speed, or would iron counter weight?
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Zsorn1
Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:11 pm
I take care of my ranged casters and my melee by rotating judgement of light and wisdom. If its a healing intensive fight.. I watch the melee and throw my healing gear on. If its farm status or easymode.. I just act like I am dpsing while rotating useful judgements.
Aleriya
Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:18 pm
Nightfall is roughly 2 ppm before haste effects.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have a Retadin whose sole purpose is to swing Nightfall. Stack melee haste rating and go to town Smile You might be able to make up for your pitiful melee dps with the uber debuff, plus allowing JoL, JoW, and iJoCr would be nice. Not to mention that I'd love to have Sanc aura . . .
_________________
Splug
Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:50 am
I have exaulted Thorium Brotherhood reputation from the MC days. Currently I'm a swordsmith, but seeing as I have Cataclysm's Edge and The Brutalizer for weapons I don't see myself needing the actual swordsmith weapons again any time soon. If you can find a way to get the mats and 100g for smithing respecialization to a horde player on Illidan, I'd be happy to help you. Fair warning though, our server gets transfer-locked like every other week. There's probably someone else who can get you a Nightfall with less work on your part, but I'm willing to help.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug