Skip to content
Maintankadin

Reckoning Uptime Graphed

Mithos
Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:21 am
Any chance you could simulate with "MT level" avoidance stats? i.e. say 27% dodge 18% parry 12% miss (effective, not from char screen)? Will have a decent impact me thinks. Thanks Smile.
_________________

Dorvan
Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:24 pm
Yep, you answered your own question correctly there Cord Wink

However, the original question of what weapon speed was used stands. My guess it that it wasn't taken into account, so it'd be good to have graphs for the 1.6 and 1.8 speed cases.
_________________
cordelia
Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:43 pm
From Mortehl's recent WWS of Teron Gorefiend,

88 (55%) normal dmg. attacks landed
72 (45%) were avoided(miss, dodge, parry, 1 resist(?))

27 Shadow damage attacks landed

88+27 = 115 damaging attacks.

Total encounter time: 5:24 = 324 seconds.

Avg. time between attacks: 2.8 seconds (.35 attacks/second).

I don't know if you can plug that into the model or not, but if you can, I'd be curious to see the results.
_________________
Dorvan
Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:52 pm
It'd be better to use the bosses actual swing speed rather than that average....because the greater variance of faster attacks that can miss vs. a slow speed the hits 100% of the time will result in a greater chance of overlapping procs.
_________________
Dorvan
Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:40 pm
It sounded like you were proposing to plug in the average times between hits as the boss swing speed for the model. That's not going to be accurate, because the reality is not a series of hits all evenly spaced, but rather attempted hits at a faster rate, with a random chance to hit on each swing. As a result, there will be variance in the time between hits and in particular you will have a greater chance for overlap between reckoning procs.
_________________
cordelia
Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:13 am
Ahhh... now I get what you were saying, and I agree. However, that's even more complexity. I'd prefer just to use the average. Obviously, modeling it properly would be best. One of the things I'd like to get around to doing via monte carlo.
_________________
tinven
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:07 am
I think they are on to something with the weapon speed.

If you use a weapon with speed less than 2.0, you will use up the 4 reckoning charges before the 8 seconds is up (ignoring overlapping procs).

Thus, if you use a weapon with less than 2.0 speed, your "uptime" will be slightly less because you will use up all the charges. There will be intervals of time which are within 8 seconds of a Reck proc, but Reck is not actually up.

My suspicion is that this will only come into play at the lower levels of incoming attackers. I.e. with a lower probability of overlapping Reckoning procs. In addition, I feel like it would stretch the lower levels (2-6%) out further, taking more incoming attackers to become close to the 8-10% levels. Granted this is all intuition.

But now a question: is it possible to model the overlapping procs? To see how probable it is to have two procs overlap at the given talent levles? This might lend some insight into the threat output. Because, obviously, two procs that overlap would not put out as much as two non-overlapping ones.
Lore
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:19 am
For anecdotal purposes, I specced 3/5 reckoning for a ZA run last night. I normally spec 5/5 for ZA. I didn't notice much of a difference; reckoning was up quite a bit.
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Aarek
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:26 am
Wouldn't a faster weapon be a good thing as it makes more use of overlapping procs then a slower weapon?

Situation 1: 2.0 Speed weapon will get 4 swings in 8 seconds using all charges of reckoning. Overlap procs 5 seconds, you lose 2 charges.
Net charges used on 2 overlapping procs : 6

Situation 2: 1.6 Speed weapon will get 4 swings in 6.4 seconds using all charges of reckoning. Overlap procs on 5 seconds, you lose 1 charge.
Net charges used on 2 overlapping procs: 7

So, in a situation where you are getting overlapping procs a faster weapon would be better. And in a situation where you aren't getting overlapping procs I don't think the extra slight damage from slower speed weapon is going to make a big deal.

If someone wants to do more theorycrafting they can figure out the threat difference between 8 hits at 2 speed and 8 hits at 1.6 speed and see if its really a big deal.
_________________