Well the mobs in SP, Tempests I believe, definitely do leave you, confirmed over like 5 runs, there's another thread in basic training I think where someone suggested they have another ability that makes them do that, not sure really, its not threat I am usually about 200-300% over the dps on those fights, and as soon as fear breaks, be it through a bubble or time, they bolt straight back to me, I assume its just meant to be the way the fight works. And tbh those pulls would be overly simple trash pulls without that mechanism, need something to spice up the run.
I have noticed other mobs and bosses staying on me though, such as the warlock in SH, which makes that fight ridiculously easy now, but the prophets in sethek also seem to go for a different target, only been to sethek once since patch though.
_________________
