Skip to content
Maintankadin

T6 Content desired avoidance

Joanadark
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:16 am
A- Avoidance
E- Effective Health
B- Burst Damage Potential of the boss
G- Gear Level
S- Survivability

G = A + E

S = A (-1(B-E))



G remains constant, and is improved only through upgrades.

The goal is the highest value for S as possible.
To accomplish this, for each value of B there is a sweet spot where a particular balance between A and E produces the best results.


So the answer would be "Yes."
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com
kalbear
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:02 pm
Neuron, you specifically said you were interested in "boss tanking, not gimmicks or Aoe crap". Forgive me if I parsed that as 'interested in boss tanking, including things like Illidan'. If Illidan's tanking is a gimmick, so are half the boss fights throughout T6.

I also don't understand why you'd be so down on this anyway, since Illidan specifically supports gearing up for more avoidance and less mitigation and kind of supports your point. You'll need more overall avoidance and mitigation to do Illidan, so you might as well have it prior to him as well, right?
kalbear
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:11 pm
Block, parry or dodge work just as well, and seeing the problems paladins have had against Illidan and how much damage he does, I can easily see people wanting to stack more avoidance over mitigation.

In any case, I'll bow out. One way or another it's not particularly constructive; I just wanted to point out that it certainly wasn't clear that Illidan was not to be discussed as part of the BT gear ideas.
Neuron
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:18 pm


Take your current HP, divide by 24,000.

Calculate your pure avoidance (dodge + parry + base miss + miss from defense).

Plot yourself on the above graph.

If your two dots are way off outside the 2 lines, something might be wrong!

Including me, I am probably wrong for making up values. But anyways, this is just to help clarify what I am talking about.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.