Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blood Elf Paladins and Seal/Judgement of Blood

SmurfZG
Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:04 pm
SoB does get boosted by RF
_________________
Makaijin
Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:20 pm
I always though that RF affects all forms of holy, whether it is holy (spell), holy (physical) or holy (healing). It affects the proc off the darkmoon card, and that particular isn't even a paladin spell, i.e not in your spellbook, not a talent etc. It does holy damage, and so gets a boost from RF.
If you want to be specific, SoB isn't under the holy section of your spellbook, but nor is HS as it's uder the protection section. So if HS isn't affected by RF we might as well not cast RF.
_________________
Tenkou - 70 Paladin, Xavius EU
Fearonir
Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:33 pm
SoB is a holy physical attack and is affected by the RF multiplier.
_________________
Rhî
Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:59 am
Anyway tanking with SoB sucks, but opening with JoB is a safe game.
_________________
Thyrion
Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:41 am
All spells a Paladin uses are considered to belong to one school of spells: Holy!
This can easily be seen, when pummeled, kicked or counterspelled.

So anything you do, healing, taunting, shield-throwing, is considered as spell-casting.
Eve though the swinging of a weapon is no spell, the activation of a seal is one. The duration of the spell is 30 seconds and all the damage caused during its duration is spelldamage.

Summary: As the source of the seal-damage is a spell belonging to Holy-spells, the damage is affected by Righteous fury.

q.e.d.
_________________
0/43/18

Palafix
Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:33 am
SoB is probably the best option for Ret tanking.
Since you now have 2 moves that do holy damage that scale with attack power, it would probably be more than justified to drop all spell damage and pick up attack power gear for threat, so scale up the damage and threat from crusader strike and seal of blood. Add that on top of sanctity aura and I'd see no use for consecrate for single target tanking, at least not the max rank.


Also, I didn't see anyone saying this before, but don't forget the usefulness of SoB for tankadins, just besides the fact that the judgement doesn't miss. The damage you receive from SoB and JoB is pretty laggy, and usually comes a second or 2 after your last auto-attack. This means you're taking damage even if you're not hitting or being hit. This is really useful for fights like moroes, or the casters in the second room in Shadow labs, mobs that gouge, incapacitate, polymorph etc... Whenever moroes gouges me, since I'm using SoB, not JoB, I break out of it in a second because of the lagginess of the damage received from it. It only doesn't work when moroes just comes back to you and gouges you the instant he gets in range, if you can't get a judgement off in time.
_________________
Domodios
Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:31 am
Far as I have seen SoB was really designed for Ret spec since it can and does make much more of a difference with specific ret talents. Frankly we as prot tree heavy Tankadins cannot effectivly (even in warrior gear) get enough attack power or melee crit to make it as effective as SoR. They fact it can crit and gives damage makes it better than SoR but the gear and talents nessisary to make it work on a parity with SoR don't exsist and likely won't for reason I think it was ment for Ret spec.
Joacimcans
Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:14 am
I think he may have been refering to Crusader strike as the secondary move. Although i dont see a ret pally tanking anything serious without holy sheild i imagine he could tank 5 mans and possibly heroics with 41 points in ret.
_________________
ehly
Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:09 am
I generally find SoB lacking.
I only use it in two cases.

1) The mob is not doing enough damage to me that I am gaining mana fast enough through SA. (Example last time I tanked Curator. I had to fight half the battle with SoB/JoB just to do damage to myself as I was over geared, and he wasn't doing any big hits.)

2) The main thing I use it for is for fights with spell reflect shields. Like some of the trash in SSC. Mob pops spell reflect hit 2 buttons. I switch over to my high dmg tank sword, and start using SoB. Goes right through spell reflect as it is a physical attack.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/