Skip to content
Maintankadin

2% threat vs 20 Spell dmg -- Glove enchant

Mithos
Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:56 am
I've picked up Leotheras after frizbee missed, and SoR resisted, by chugging down some sweet mana juice xD. 2% threat scales better, if you're raiding, take it.
_________________

Saldii
Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:13 pm
2% threat is added to ALL attacks, magical, physical. Take your threat generated * .02 then add the output to your base threat. aka ((X * .02) + X) = Threat.
Quean
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:47 pm
They become equivalent at +417 damage using your formula.
Edit: but this doesn't factor in the extra 2% from melee hits as well, so assuming this number is an accurate representation of the equivalence point for just Holy-based threat, the actual threshold will be a tad lower because of the extra from melee.
_________________
kalbear
Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:01 pm
If they're equivalent (or close to it), I think you have to pick the +SD. Why? Because 2% threat only does threat. +SD does damage which causes threat. Doing more damage is a winner over doing more threat in my book, even if they're otherwise comparable.

I'd also use the .5TPS = 1SD rule. Using that, you get 10TPS, roughly. In order for 2% threat to be better than this, you need to have 500 TPS. That's fairly regularly doable. Still, we're talking about an improvement of 10 more TPS when you're at 1000 TPS. Would you rather have more damage at that level, or more threat? I'm not sure, but I suspect you'd rather have more damage.
Dorvan
Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:22 pm
Of course, if your DPS is threat-capped, 10 TPS = 10/.7*(# of DPS'ers) extra raid DPS, which I'd assume is greater than what you'd get from +20 dam. ...and I promise I don't go out of my way to contradict you kalbear, really Smile
Silandra
Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:42 pm
Here's a question for you math people 'cause I suck at math:

Holy shield generates an extra 35% and has a coefficient of 5%/block. 1.9*1.35=2.565*1.02 = 2.6163 threat per damage done for HS: At what point would the 2% threat overcome the 20 spell damage? I imagine innately it'd be pretty low.
_________________
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.
Worldie
Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 pm
Same point of before.

It's quite interesting how my Spiritual Attunement can get aggro from Sanguinar on Kaelthas even if i don't touch him tho, sometimes generating more threat is not necessarily good ><
_________________

Temmari
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:21 pm
When I get better gloves, I plan on rocking 2% threat, but for now, I'm more than happy rocking an 8 stamina armor kit that cost 3 gold on my Justicar gloves~
_________________