Skip to content
Maintankadin

2.3 Weapon Expertise Defined

Mithos
Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:05 pm
as 5 weapon skill is the optimum value needed with regards to talent points spent this is great, you get your 5 points and now we get insane stamina, so im definately picking it up now (don thave atm, am human). However the human paladins (myself included) dont really benefit from the expertise side much, but it's still very nice ofc to have the extra hit Smile. I'm just glad they put in a nice change and didn't screw it up.
_________________

Tullock
Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 pm
Well, if the change goes through the way blue says it will, 5 points wont be a huge gap over 4 points, and wont be only slightly less effective than 6 points. It will be a flat effect, with our human passive being -1.25 to dodge and parry, with our 5 from talents being -1.25 to dodge and parry. So a human with precision, wepex, and a mace or sword would have a 7.5% better chance to hit a mob than a non human who is not specced precision or wepex. Anyway, we will see how it plays out, but i dont think 5 skill will be optimum anymore, and it will be a straight nerf to all non tanks, who already shouldnt be getting parried, and a small buff to those of us who face the enemy head on.
Coldaan
Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 am
ok, maybe I'm just completely wrong here, but...

doesnt +hit% reduce the chance to miss only? Wheras the new "Expertise" thingy reduces the chance to be dodged or parried.

Aren't miss and parry/dodge completely different things.

Of course if your attacks are parried/dodged less, you hit more often, but still your miss rate stays the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong here please.^^
_________________

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Der+Rat+von+Dalaran&n=Coldaan
excalibrax
Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:01 am
I believe that it reduces chance to Miss in any sort of way, parry, Dodge, and miss. so you hit 100% of the time with all +hit.
Lore
Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:21 am
+hit only reduces the chance to miss. Expertise reduces the chance to be dodged or parried.

So you could theoretically cap on both and every attack would always land, but I kinda doubt it'd be worthwhile.
_________________
Me, LOL!
onacouch
Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:49 pm
What of glancings and blocks?
_________________
jere
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Human racials were changed today on the PTR. I now have 5 expertise from mace and sword specialization for a total of 10 with talents. I assume the orc racial got changed to be similar.

Woot...Goodbye 1% crit.
_________________
cordelia
Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 pm
WOOOOT. awesome news.

10 expertise becomes -2.5% to dodge, -2.5% to parry for a total of 5% more hits. WOW.
_________________
Inferno255
Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:40 am
I was under the impression any dodge/parry it would remove would be replaced by miss?
_________________