Meyrinn wrote:I'm not sure if this is the case. Avoidance is high, but its nowhere near the point where it trivializes the hard content. EH Tanking and Avoidance Tanking are both viable in my eyes.
It's not currently the case, but at the moment, the high-end of avoidance is around 60-ish%, it's not unreasonable to suggest that full T9 geared tanks would be at nearly 70% avoidance, and that's going to make designing the T10 encounters burdensome. It sucks to see numbers go down, but I'd rather it was in a nerf we can see coming than in another Bullshit Radience-type effect.
Meyrinn wrote:It seems to me they are trying to make all the unattractive stats attractive. Just like they are changing MP5 so that Healers don't consider it an undesireable stat. I think this change is to make Parry Rating a desireable, or at least not an undesireable stat. Unfortunately, I don't think this will change that. The problem with Parry Rating is the DR curve is too harsh.
I think Parry was always overbudgetted. They placed too much stock in the benefits of the Parry haste and priced it out of the market. The DR drop-off may be more severe than Dodge, but hopefully it won't get to the point where people are going "oh christ, not another Parry item". Basically when Dodge needed to have a 700 point lead for Parry to be considered viable, there was something wrong.