Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is dodge less important for a Paladin Tank??

Wolvar
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:31 pm
The only logic I can think of that supports his position is that pallies are best suited to block rating gear. So maybe he's trying to force block rating gear to pallies and other gear to the other classes as a first pass at loot. You obviously like the guy, so I wouldn't worry about it overmuch. Gear happens pretty fast in this game.
Wolvar
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:47 pm
Yes but it's rather useless comparatively for the other tanking classes.
sunstrike
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:55 pm
As others have said plate tanking gear is good for all three tanks.

Let the DKs and Warrs have expertise though.

I wouldn't call your GM correct but I won't say he is a loser either. He is kind of going in the right direction but he still needs his head put on straight.

I do think that BV is best suited towards pallies now and am quite happy building up my BV gear. Not that I avoid dodge and parry but I don't bother fighting over it as long as I can build the BV up first.

Block Value is just plain FUN and I tank to enjoy it. The numbers we can reach are pretty incredible and as long as you aren't being wasteful in pushing the BR off the chart then building up BV isn't a waste at all. I'm not really worried about the DK's because they suffer from the same fate as the druids, spike damage. While if we can maintain a good 50% avoid and build up our BV crazy strong then we will be the best tanks to heal.
_________________
Wolvar
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:00 pm
Put another way:

Nobody but pallies is going to roll on BV gear unless it's a HUGE upgrade. So it's almost defaulted to them.. but every other class will roll on Agil gear. So he's probably trying to prevent pallies from getting default gear AND winning rolls on more coveted drops.


I have no idea what your loot rules are tho', I'm merely playing devil's advocate.
Frostbeard
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:03 pm
You would need to look at avoidance level to determine what is better.

For instance I am block capped, Block rating will do little for me unless I am tanking trash and losing my HS before the next application. I would prefer to acquire more dodge to avoid those charges of HS falling off rather than getting block rating which would be "wasted" IMO, in that instance the block rating piece would be of greater value to a warrior. Block value can be argued, but I would be surprised that a warrior wouldn't be as interested in it to help smooth their damage.
Wolvar
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:05 pm
Yes, I misspoke the second time around. I meant BR.

I'm not saying warriors wouldn't take it, I'm saying it's not something highly valued. At least not by the warriors that I know.
Kalakaua
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:28 pm
Just tell your GM to look at the PALADIN t7 gloves.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40580

Do paladin tier gloves go to DKs/Warriors cuz nothing on them but defense and dodge with a bit of hit rating?
Ashmadai
Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:22 pm
Your raid leader is trying to snake his way into less competition for gear it seems. Anything not a tier piece that a Warrior would want to wear would be valuable to a Paladin as well.
_________________
zandoff
Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:04 am
Thanks for all the replies- nice to think I'm talking with people in the US too Very Happy

I am a guild officer and also tanking officer in the guild- the GM is a good guy who is extremely fair and rarely wrong, but will also listen to logic and admit he is wrong, which he has done, resulting in him changing the loot rules after this discussion.

Play nice and have fun Very Happy

Zand
_________________